+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 77 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer Transfer Window 2020/21

Quote Originally Posted by sheepcrooky View Post
    I just can’t see this, either from a price point of view or timing.

I think he is now worth £3m at best as his form had dipped and his hamstring is very weak. Also, cannot see the point in any team buying him at this stage in the seasons (ending or starting).
    Supposedly, 3 EPL teams and 7 Championship teams interested and 2 bids already received.

I would rather sell Cosgrove than McKenna.

Cosgrove has done well in the amount of goals he has scored but we are dreadful to watch when he is playing.

As pish as Main is we seemed to play better with him in the team because he can actually hold the ball up.

Not sure what type of striker Nisbet is from Dunfermline but maybe we should sell Cosgrove and buy him?

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    I would rather sell Cosgrove than McKenna.

Cosgrove has done well in the amount of goals he has scored but we are dreadful to watch when he is playing.

As pish as Main is we seemed to play better with him in the team because he can actually hold the ball up.

Not sure what type of striker Nisbet is from Dunfermline but maybe we should sell Cosgrove and buy him?
    Seemingly, the only player we'll buy in the current climate is Leigh as McInnes wants him back, and that will be dependent on selling McKenna.

Aberdeen wants to hold onto Cosgrove and Ferguson until next summer when they think they'll get top dollar for them.... Although, I suspect if someone tested the water with a healthy bid for Fergie then I'd daresay they would be tempted now.

I think Cosgrove will need to go on the goal trail again before anyone takes a million plus chance in him.

Quote Originally Posted by BogBrush1903 View Post
    Seemingly, the only player we'll buy in the current climate is Leigh as McInnes wants him back, and that will be dependent on selling McKenna.

Are we possibly waiting to see if Breda release him to get wages off their books?

Felt that if they got promoted they would keep him which is why we had the option to buy in the event that they didnt

Confirmed our New Left Back has Resigned welcome back Johnny Hayes

Great to have Hayes back. Maybe won't be the same as first time round, but still a better option than anyone else we could get. I'd have him on one wing, Kennedy on the other and McGinn in the centre just off the main striker.

If we get an offer for McKenna he'll likely be off as we can't turn down decent money for him now - we would need to bring in a new centre back though which will cost a bit. I think Ferguson is the one whos value will continue to increase so we need to keep hold of him for at least another season. If we get a decent offer for Cosgrove I'd sell him as I still get the impression he had a purple patch and will probably revert to being bang average at best next season.

I'd offload Bryson if there's a way to do it, total waste of money. I'd also ditch Hedges as I guess he'll be on decent money and really hasn't offered much. Scott Wright is back and is a cheaper option as cover in the attacking positions.

If it had been a normal close season and Covid hadn't happened then I would've been disappointed about a soon to be 33 year old Hayes returning. However, given the circumstances and fans needing a lift then I think its probably a prudent signing.

Just as well it’s not the Huns he went to though.

That would have been unacceptable.

Touch and go with it being the Tims but his obvious liking for our club and city just edges it.

So, welcome back.

Quote Originally Posted by BogBrush1903 View Post
    If it had been a normal close season and Covid hadn't happened then I would've been disappointed about a soon to be 33 year old Hayes returning. However, given the circumstances and fans needing a lift then I think its probably a prudent signing.
    I agree. Plus he genuinely wanted to come back (well his wife did). He knocked back Stoke, not sure about Reading.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    I agree. Plus he genuinely wanted to come back (well his wife did). He knocked back Stoke, not sure about Reading.
    I read somewhere tonight that Hayes has deferred all his wages until the end of next season to help us out. However well off you are, that is one damn good gesture.

Page 7 of 77 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast