+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 70 of 77 FirstFirst ... 20606869707172 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer Transfer Window 2020/21

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    I agree the timing of the move on transfer deadline day meant knocking it back was the right decision. However he seemed to be subject to other bids bigger than what we've ended up getting (obviously the way deals are structured these days it's not as straightforward as the headline figure, i know). I just wonder if we'll choose to cash in on Cosgrove if we get another £2m bid - for me there's a high risk his value will drop as I still don't think he's a great footballer. Someone like Ferguson on the other hand, I'd guess his value will continue to increase until he gets towards the end of his contract, so wiser to reject any interest.
    If we’re not getting crowds in for another 6 months, then I’m sure we’d like to cash in, but injury might prevent that until January

Quote Originally Posted by Br0chred View Post
    I imagine less than we expected. We are particularly shyte at getting big transfer fees
    I found it surprising when I read today that its taken 24 years to break the Jess GBP 2 million transfer fee.

Quote Originally Posted by ToonsClock4am View Post
    I found it surprising when I read today that its taken 24 years to break the Jess GBP 2 million transfer fee.
    Bosman made that difference, with players seeing out their contracts, or the club cashing in late doors, Brian, by taking a token six-figure fee when the contract has under a year to run.

Jess was an exception, in that he made the move to allow us to collect a fee.

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    Bosman made that difference, with players seeing out their contracts, or the club cashing in late doors, Brian, by taking a token six-figure fee when the contract has under a year to run.

Jess was an exception, in that he made the move to allow us to collect a fee.
    That and we have had very few decent players to sell.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    That and we have had very few decent players to sell.
    I must admit I’m disappointed with the size of the fee given some of the silly money, way in excess of what we’ll be getting, that regularly gets paid in England for seemingly very average players. I think McKenna will be a huge loss for us.

Any truth in the rumor that we are trying to land Allan Campbell from Murderwell, again perhaps going toe to toe with Hibs for his signature according the Scottish sun rag of a newspaper.

Quote Originally Posted by blowupsheep View Post
    Any truth in the rumor that we are trying to land Allan Campbell from Murderwell, again perhaps going toe to toe with Hibs for his signature according the Scottish sun rag of a newspaper.
    He’s a good player but where does he fit into our team? McCrorie and Ferguson should be first picks and McGeouch and Ojo and Campbell are already sitting around doing nothing.

I’m sure I heard Campbell was out of contract next year so unless we’re planning to sign him on a precontract in preparation for Ferguson leaving next summer, I can’t see the point in it.

If we’re signing anyone right now I’d think a central defender would be at the top of the list. Doubt we’ll bring anyone else in before the window shuts.

Quote Originally Posted by blowupsheep View Post
    I hope so, a cracking wee player in the Shinnie model, hugely dynamic and very good at pressurising the opposition

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    He’s a good player but where does he fit into our team? McCrorie and Ferguson should be first picks and McGeouch and Ojo and Campbell are already sitting around doing nothing.

I’m sure I heard Campbell was out of contract next year so unless we’re planning to sign him on a precontract in preparation for Ferguson leaving next summer, I can’t see the point in it.

If we’re signing anyone right now I’d think a central defender would be at the top of the list. Doubt we’ll bring anyone else in before the window shuts.
    Its possibly succession planning, which is definitely where we want to get to.
    If we had all three, does anyone think that having a central three of Ferguson, McCrorie and Campbell would be detrimental

Would be delighted with that three. To rub further salt into Hibee rift, offer them Ojo and McGeouch for Porteous.

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    I hope so, a cracking wee player in the Shinnie model, hugely dynamic and very good at pressurising the opposition

Its possibly succession planning, which is definitely where we want to get to.
    If we had all three, does anyone think that having a central three of Ferguson, McCrorie and Campbell would be detrimental
    Its very hard to see why we would run with those three players in the same squad. All will demand a starting spot which means Ferguson playing 10 or McCrorie playing right back or centre back.

Page 70 of 77 FirstFirst ... 20606869707172 ... LastLast