+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: O/T Prediction League

O/T Prediction League

So exactly do we plan to end this scenario. Currently ESR and SB sit at the top.....

I propose a video conference where we would discuss

1) what happens if we don’t finish the season? Will ESR be declared the winner? Or do we go back to the first 23 games standings?
    2) can we start again next year and void this season ( I’m fourth bottom so I’ll vote for this option).
    3j Testing to be mandatory for all participants if this season is to be played behind closed doors.

I think ESR and SB Will vote For the confirmation of current standings.....

If season is cancelled then the current standings should remain.

If the season is played to a finish then its business as usual

That's my thoughts for what they're worth

I'm concerned at the number of law suits that might be heading in the direction of the PL .

There are a number of ways I'm looking to decide the league however .

A , A game of off a ground tigs in the Pontefract Road car park when the lockdown ends one summer evening .

B , A game of Russian Roulette , with a cunningly disguised Super Soaker one hot summers afternoon .

C , A drinking contest in the beer garden of The Engineers at Higham with Sam Smiths bitter the choice of ale .

D , A re-watch of our home game against Birmingham City , last man still viewing the action would well be a true champion in my opinion .

However I'm open to any more ideas so that we can complete the season in a fair manner which upholds the integrity of the league .

Fastest to Barnard Castle ?

Who can eight mooar cheeseburgers than Hoss wins.

Hopefully they carry on the league and we can carry on predicting but it will be difficult to predict the outcome of games with no crowds. Like trying to predict the score of a training game !!

Quote Originally Posted by EastStandRed View Post
    Hopefully they carry on the league and we can carry on predicting but it will be difficult to predict the outcome of games with no crowds. Like trying to predict the score of a training game !!
    Watched 15 minutes of a Bundesliga game tonight with obviously no fans inside the stadium .

It's utter shyte without fans , not worth bothering with .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Watched 15 minutes of a Bundesliga game tonight with obviously no fans inside the stadium .

It's utter shyte without fans , not worth bothering with .

I watched Dortmund v Munich and although it was a very good game it was hard to watch without the atmosphere of the fans in the stadium. German supporters are excellent and turn out in numbers.

The Bundesliga is a lot more easy on the eye than the Premier league I have to say. There seemed more physicality and more edge about it than what we get over here. Don't get me wrong, it was by no means like watching Bryan Robson versus Steve McMahon in a midfield battle but some good strong challenges were put in and most of the time the players just acknowledged it, got up and got on with it. It reminded me that football is actually still a contest and contact sport. It made me realise just how pansie and pathetic football has become on these shores in recent times.

The premiership is constantly touted as being the best league in the world. Aye alreight, it's just a load of corporate over hyped shyte with 22 mercenaries on the pitch. It's become almost unwatchable in the last few years.