+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: O/T The Match Is On !

O/T The Match Is On !

For you match anglers
    Robust new best practice guidelines published by the Angling Trust to bring match fishing in line with COVID-19 procedures have now been agreed by the government as a basis for competitions to resume immediately. These include no gathering of competitors for the draw or prize giving and special equipment and arrangements to maintain social distancing during the weigh-in.

The Angling Trust guidelines were produced in consultation with leading anglers, organisers and fisheries in the match fishing community across all angling disciplines.

The Department for Digital, Culture, Media & Sport (DCMS) made clear in their announcement and supporting literature on 13th May 2020 that it was unlikely that competitions could be undertaken across any sporting discipline.

However, the Angling Trust compiled a case for the best practice guidelines to form the basis on which match fishing can comply with both the overarching government guidance that accompanies the Coronavirus regulations and the specific prohibitions on public gatherings of more than two people from different households. Failure to follow these guidelines would almost certainly invalidate the insurance of clubs or fisheries and will certainly expose anglers, and therefore the wider public, to a great risk of infection.

In last week’s submission to the DCMS, Angling Trust CEO Jamie Cook set out the reasons why competition fishing was different to other sports in ways which make it potentially compliant with the correct safeguards in place.

Fishing competitions involve no contact between competitors and is more or less the comparison of catch returns at the end of the day
    Social distancing is maintained at all times during an angling competition
    There are no spectators
    No competitor is allowed to make contact with another competitor or their equipment
    The Angling Trust best practice document was presented to Sport England and the DCMS last week who agreed that they were ‘sensible’ and could be issued this week as the basis for a safe resumption of match fishing in England. In response, DCMS also stated that they were looking for sports to satisfy themselves that all guidance they are producing for their members adheres to the overarching guidance published by the government.
    Last edited by CAMiller; 26-05-2020 at 05:27 PM.

Think you were fishing with the thread title.

O Fekin T

Well it wasn't going to be about football was it Crash? Footy gets the O/T at present
    ps. I forgot

Quote Originally Posted by LincsMiller View Post
    Well it wasn't going to be about football was it Crash? Footy gets the O/T at present
    ps. I forgot

Thanks for the reminder Lincs.
    Licence is due and I need to sort my tackle out....

Quote Originally Posted by LincsMiller View Post
    ps. I forgot
    Dortmund v Bayern Munich. On at we speak

3more later on tonight.