+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Deal in doubt

I just hope that some other epl club cheeky owner doesnt steal it from us - youve got 300 mils for Geordie lads? Here is my club with a discount!
    Or even worse, our deal is a decoy or smoke screen to get their real target to negotiation table and/or cut the price. Or send a signal - we are out for shopping, gonna listen to the offers. Whatever

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    Oh, I agree, Geordie. It's not the waiting (in terms of patience), it's the uncertainty about why it's taking so long and the ton of negative press fuelling our doubts that's making me like this.
    I have switched off from the press. They are just guessing and playing on the emotions of our fanbase. Last night doubts, by all accounts tonight's is all promising. If all these reports are true, they must have got the info that its supposedly in doubt from inside the PL. If that's the case the PL have broken their own confidentiality rules and will be open to legal action from a team of lawyers they have never encountered before.
    It would have been completed by now if it wasn't for project restart. That I have no doubt. This piracy thing, does anyone honestly believe the PL will block money coming into the PL they desperately need. Its obvious they put money first otherwise the would have cancelled the season and not be putting players at risk for their PL brand and to fulfil TV commitments.
    Timescale mentioned about Man City, 22 days. Yes it did but let's be clear. The PL had nothing to deal with. Even the transfer window was finished so that takeover was the only real issue to deal with at the time.
    This is the Saudi PIF, they get what they want.

Quote Originally Posted by Marat18 View Post
    I just hope that some other epl club cheeky owner doesnt steal it from us - youve got 300 mils for Geordie lads? Here is my club with a discount!
    Or even worse, our deal is a decoy or smoke screen to get their real target to negotiation table and/or cut the price. Or send a signal - we are out for shopping, gonna listen to the offers. Whatever
    Too far down the road for that now for that to happen, it's taken months for it to just get to this stage we're at now.

I think there would have been a lot of other factors that came into it when buying our club as well like how well supported our club are, one club city, past Champions League/Uefa Cup ventures, how hungry we are for success as of our recent history (25 years) of being so close to it, yet so far... The potential as of all of these factors combined could create something special if someone put the correct structure in place for us, we just need someone to fund it and someone with good business acumen/industry knowledge to hire the right people so we can take the correct steps towards our goal of being a successful football club.

No doubt in that. It has a huge potential.
    But with it dragging on, some bad thoughts trying to crawl into my mind.
    And when it all began I used to think - why NUFC? Too far north for a quick journey for tourists, London based West Ham or Crystal Palace are one flight shorter And London is more attractive for players. Too much clubs in London? Birmingham could be the answer with Aston Villa. Etc etc.
    They are plenty of pros in NUFC as well, but I just curious what made their mind? What was the edge?

Quote Originally Posted by Mag_Laad View Post
    I mean I'm sure there wasn't a world pandemic happening when Man City were taken over either
    Oh f*ck, good point, no handshakes an all that.

Quote Originally Posted by Marat18 View Post
    No doubt in that. It has a huge potential.
    But with it dragging on, some bad thoughts trying to crawl into my mind.
    And when it all began I used to think - why NUFC? Too far north for a quick journey for tourists, London based West Ham or Crystal Palace are one flight shorter And London is more attractive for players. Too much clubs in London? Birmingham could be the answer with Aston Villa. Etc etc.
    They are plenty of pros in NUFC as well, but I just curious what made their mind? What was the edge?
    All these clubs you mentioned are one of many in a city though, their catchment area for supporters locally won't be anywhere near as big as ours. As I said in previous comment, a 1 club city has its advantages over a club that's one of many in a city. Villa already have extremely wealthy owners as well and have you been to Birmingham before? It's an absolute dump, I'd much rather live back up home than have to live there

You can get so much more for your money up in the North East at the same time though and that's an attractive proposition, I've been in London for the past 6 years so I know that at first hand...granted I'm not earning footballer money, but a £3M house in a nice area equates for example to a 2-3 bedroom town house in Notting Hill in London, whilst up in the North East you could have massive mansion with grounds in Darras Hall for less than that. Sure that's affordable for a PL footballer but a lot of the time, especially with foreign players they have their extended families to look after and who probably live with them as well and they need to set themselves/their extended families up for when they're retired/their future generations.

There's actually a massive allure to my generation (I'm 28) and younger to Newcastle as well, it's why so many people from across the UK and abroad choose or try to go to University in Newcastle. Newcastle is a very much up and coming city, compare what it's like now to what it was even 15 years ago, it's so much more diverse, tourism to the city is massive and so many global businesses are looking to plant their feet into the city somewhere. I know quite a few of my friends in London who are considering moving up north to either Manchester/Leeds/Newcastle because of a lot of these factors.

Trust me, Im not just romanticising Newcastle because I'm from back up home, the city really is an attractive proposition. The idea that people won't move up here, like what people like Jamie Redknapp are putting forward is such an outdated idea, it isn't the 80's/90's/00's anymore it's 2020 and Newcastle is a totally different city to what it was back then.

Quote Originally Posted by Kal View Post
    Oh f*ck, good point, no handshakes an all that.
    Don't breathe in the same room as me please

Howay man, this lockdown has made it so much more difficult to work! We've all had to personally adapt to all of this fairly quickly, just think of what the Premier League have had to do catering to 20 different clubs during this, TV companies etc, then they've had to figure out something like Project Restart which hasn't had to happen in modern times before. Think they'll have had a lot on their plates already to go along with our takeover to look over, if things were running normal without a pandemic/all these different circumstances I'm sure the deal would have went through already.
    Last edited by Mag_Laad; 27-05-2020 at 10:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mag_Laad View Post
    Don't breathe in the same room as me please .
    Not without a Premier League certified mask I wouldn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Kal View Post
    Not without a Premier League certified mask I wouldn't.
    Send them to the gulag if haven't got their gloves on either

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)