+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Coutinho

Coutinho

Reports from Spain say we are in talks to sign him.

What has happened to him since he left Liverpool,Barcelona don't want him and after a spell at Bayern they don't want to take up the option of signing him either.

If the reports of us trying to sign him were true could it be a big mistake.He could return to his brilliant best but also be an expensive flop.

But he's also a statment of intent.

Which I think they will want to do and that statment of intent signing will end up being a play in his ilk that could easily be an expensive flop but at the same time, lays down a marker.

someone on the other thread mentioned that the odds on him joining NUFC droped significantly one day.
    May be there is really something in it.

Barcelona and Bayern are big clubs, so if they don't want a player doesn't mean he is bad.
    Also, I think he and Messi share the same area on the pitch, so he wasn't a replacement for Neymar. As for Bayern - can't remember such type of a player in Munich at all, they seem just not to play that way.

Anyway, I'm not against any "has-beens" as long as they have a point to prove and do want to do it. And the fee is fair. But from the other hand, I can't help myself, but think of a poor old Michael Owen who wasn't interested at all and always thought of himself being bigger than NUFC.

But if the deal goes through we've been linked with Motherwell's second choice 'keeper.

And that's not even a joke-we have been.

And that's the magnitude of the Sliding Doors moment we're at....worldwide exposure, a top manager,world-class players, full stadiums, realistic chances at trophies, investment in the local area......or Steve Bruce, Motherwell's reserve 'keeper, empty seats, decaying stadium, shit football, no hope of anything under Ashley.

That's the reality of the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    But if the deal goes through we've been linked with Motherwell's second choice 'keeper.

And that's the magnitude of the Sliding Doors moment we're at....worldwide exposure, a top manager,world-class players, full stadiums, realistic chances at trophies, investment in the local area......or Steve Bruce, Motherwell's reserve 'keeper, empty seats, decaying stadium, shit football, no hope of anything under Ashley.

Well described there. I imagine most fans are feeling like that at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post

Christ :|

Quote Originally Posted by Jammy89 View Post
    Christ :|
    sorry to put it so bluntly..but if this happens, it will be the biggest thing to ever happen to our club-not just in our lifetome but ever, imo-and will transform our club-and therefore our lives-for ever.

It's as big as that.

Oh i know that, it's the other side of the equation if it doesn't

That might break me of football you know :|

I will go further, the future of the club depends on this takeover.

Why are the same press saying, Takeover is off, In danger of collapse, Then the new owners have been making offers for players. F.u.c.k.i.n.g morons

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)