+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: We really do live in an Asylum

We really do live in an Asylum

Did I really hear that TPOUS has been reprimanded by a social media platform who told him to check his facts?

What the hell is the world coming to when, quite possibly, the most powerful leader in the world is being told how he should behave by a social messaging system.

No wonder the world is a mess.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    Did I really hear that TPOUS has been reprimanded by a social media platform who told him to check his facts?

What the hell is the world coming to when, quite possibly, the most powerful leader in the world is being told how he should behave by a social messaging system.

No wonder the world is a mess.
    Normally I would agree Super.

But this bloke is a danger to public health for instance, and everything he says needs checking.

Remember, recently he suggested that ingesting disinfectant could cure the virus and he has admitted to taking hydroxychloroquine, which the WHO have deemed to be potentially dangerous.

There are plenty of people, especially in the States, who hang onto his every word.
    What he says needs fact checking otherwise he is a danger to the general public.

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    Normally I would agree Super.

But this bloke is a danger to public health for instance, and everything he says needs checking.

Remember, recently he suggested that ingesting disinfectant could cure the virus and he has admitted to taking hydroxychloroquine, which the WHO have deemed to be potentially dangerous.

There are plenty of people, especially in the States, who hang onto his every word.
    What he says needs fact checking otherwise he is a danger to the general public.
    59_60 ----agree with that, however, he should not be being told by a social media platform, he should be receiving advice from those paid to advise him and he should be listening!
    We know that he doesn't, he is a bully who wants his own way all of the time and if people, such as his advisers contradict him he gets rid of them..
    Having said all that, please convince me that it isn't a social media platform running the USA because, if the Twitter network goes down, Trump will be totally lost because it is his main means of communication!

It's just another form of getting his message out Super, and it is important to him.

Like other types of media (TV, radio, newspapers, political leaflets etc) the contents of what a politician says should always be scrutinised and, where something is factually incorrect, this should be made clear.

In other words, a politician cannot say what the hell they like and not be challenged. And then it is up to the voters to decide.

It's just another form of getting his message out Super, and it is important to him.

Like other types of media (TV, radio, newspapers, political leaflets etc) the contents of what a politician says should always be scrutinised and, where something is factually incorrect, this should be made clear.

In other words, a politician cannot say what the hell they like and not be challenged. And then it is up to the voters to decide.
    I suppose that I give Joe Public more credit for his intelligence than he deserves. Personally, I listen to what is reported and then make my own evaluation, relating both to the truth of reporting and the relevant facts. If I am honest ---I trust nobody! lol

The man is a tin pot dictator with very serious mental health problems.

Melanie has done one and who can possibly blame her?

Expertly said 59 and you will have had lots of practice with miss Swinson in the last campaign to run the country from the Liberal Democrat’s , I mean she had plenty to say factually in her words that turned out not to be.

Who the fu-ck is Miss Swinson?

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)