+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T bbc bias apology

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Well, Boris is the "Johnny on the spot" with this crisis. We will never know if Labour would have been any better or worse.

Not a time though for destructive criticism and points scoring.
    Labour would have been perfect.
    Controls in place. 100% testing.
    No deaths.
    Why did I not vote for them?

Boost for Britain .Nissan says car making in Europe will be centered at its Sunderland plant as it announced the closure of the Barcelona factory.Probably won't be reported on the BBC.

Quote Originally Posted by MillerBill View Post
    Boost for Britain .Nissan says car making in Europe will be centered at its Sunderland plant as it announced the closure of the Barcelona factory.Probably won't be reported on the BBC.
    Glad you didn't use European headquarters. It's frowned upon

Quote Originally Posted by MillerBill View Post
    lol. Deja vu.

First the Express and now the Daily Mail (This is Money).

So predictable which posters get all their "news" from these sources.

They've both taken exactly the same boring quote "'In western Europe, we will maintain production of core models in Sunderland and maintain efficiency." and tried to put a biased spin on it.

None of the articles provide anything to suggest any movement or new business to Sunderland, just a closing of facilities elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by John2 View Post
    I think you've flagged a problem with your own bias here.

Nowhere has Nissan announced it is moving its European headquarters to Sunderland.

They've announced they're closing Barcelona but keeping Sunderland open. That is not the same thing. This is the actual line: "In western Europe, we will maintain production of core models in Sunderland and maintain efficiency.'" - not a single thing about moving HQ or creating jobs, just continuing as before.

Your problem is you blindly believe anything you read in the Daily Express and you think everything else is biased.

Go on, give me a different link and try and prove me wrong, I challenge you.
    OK then they're moving their European production hub to Sunderland and closing their factory in Spain, the opposite of what people like you said, stop picking hairs.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business...anish-factory/
    Last edited by great_fire; 28-05-2020 at 09:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by crashbang View Post
    Labour would have been perfect.
    Controls in place. 100% testing.
    No deaths.
    Why did I not vote for them?
    Bump

Bbc did the right thing

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    OK then they're moving their European production hub to Sunderland and closing their factory in Spain, the opposite of what people like you said, stop picking hairs.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business...anish-factory/
    Great, so you do get your news from biased sources that misrepresent reality?

Me stop picking hairs? You called out the BBC for being biased - you got it wrong, you and your sources are biased.

Also, I repeat, they're not moving their production hub. Some biased newspapers are spinning it as such, but not on the basis of anything Nissan appears to have said. For Sunderland there is no change to the status quo.

And I never said any such thing, nice straw man.
    Last edited by John2; 29-05-2020 at 08:11 AM.

Hey this is good.

I log in and the drivel disappears

The cillit bang of dukes bar

Quote Originally Posted by John2 View Post
    Great, so you do get your news from biased sources that misrepresent reality?

Me stop picking hairs? You called out the BBC for being biased - you got it wrong, you and your sources are biased.

Also, I repeat, they're not moving their production hub. Some biased newspapers are spinning it as such, but not on the basis of anything Nissan appears to have said. For Sunderland there is no change to the status quo.

And I never said any such thing, nice straw man.
    Remainers sneered endlessly at the lumpen proletariat in Sunderland who "voted to destroy their own livelihoods."

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast