Get prepared for when football returns - Stock up on PPE now!
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 117

Thread: O/T bbc bias apology

  1. #61
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    4,041
    Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    Remainers sneered endlessly at the lumpen proletariat in Sunderland who "voted to destroy their own livelihoods."
    Well, the "great victory" here is that Nissan is operating at a loss in Europe and consequently has had to close some factories.

    My position has always been that there will be winners and losers from Brexit, just that the majority will be losers.

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    4,041
    If you look at news sources outside your right wing echo chamber, here is an alternative perspective of exactly the same news story when it isn't been brainlessly cheerleaded as some sort of victory:

    "Nissan’s Sunderland manufacruring is to stay open, but the carmaker is instead shutting a factory in Barcelona as the Japanese auto firm seeks to cut 2.3bn in costs worldwide.

    The decision will mean the loss of 2,800 jobs in Spain but removed a short-term threat to most of the 6,700 jobs at Nissan Sunderland Britain’s biggest car plant.

    However, the carmaker said it would seek to “improve efficiency” at the factory in the north-east of England as it revealed a plan to reduce annual spending by 300bn (2.3bn) worldwide."

    So long term future far from guaranteed, nor are all those jobs. "improving efficiency" by companies running at a loss tends not to involve hiring more staff.

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    9,522
    BBC ignored it because they're bitter Remainers.

    Ignoring news that doesn't fit their agenda and lying by omission are their standard practices.

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    685
    BBC is run by ex Guardian geeks.

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    15,894
    Quote Originally Posted by John2 View Post
    Well, the "great victory" here is that Nissan is operating at a loss in Europe and consequently has had to close some factories.

    My position has always been that there will be winners and losers from Brexit, just that the majority will be losers.
    On what basis have you reached this conclusion John? If you would like to post your thoughts and I'll fact check them

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    3,096
    Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    BBC ignored it because they're bitter Remainers.

    Ignoring news that doesn't fit their agenda and lying by omission are their standard practices.
    What are you on about - the BBC covered the story yesterday:

    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-52829348

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    4,041
    Quote Originally Posted by gm_gm View Post
    On what basis have you reached this conclusion John? If you would like to post your thoughts and I'll fact check them
    Companies that benefit from a weak pound for exports will do well.

    Many industries will suffer from new friction and potential tariffs in trading with the EU, particularly the financial services industry. Though the extent of this will depend on the nature or existence of a deal.

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    9,522
    Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    What are you on about - the BBC covered the story yesterday:

    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-52829348
    It certainly wasn't on their home page when I posted, left buried in the business section it looks like.

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    4,041
    Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    It certainly wasn't on their home page when I posted, left buried in the business section it looks like.
    That's a weak point. Outside the biased lens of your news sources a factory closing in Barcelona isn't exactly front page headline news.

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    15,894
    Quote Originally Posted by John2 View Post
    Companies that benefit from a weak pound for exports will do well.

    Many industries will suffer from new friction and potential tariffs in trading with the EU, particularly the financial services industry. Though the extent of this will depend on the nature or existence of a deal.
    Your last paragraph is agreeable, our financial services however, wont suffer we are ahead of the curve in many respects.

    The current economic and political wrangling in the EU at the moment is making many companies think twice about their future there, its possibly at its most unstable in its history after Karlsrushe. If they can find a way to mutualise future debt its a dead duck.

    UAE biggest investment fund has just put 7.5bn in guess where? UK listed companies, now BJ has announce he is backing tech watch the investment flood in.

    We can also get rid of cross regs which do the same thing in triplicate

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •