+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T bbc bias apology

Quote Originally Posted by gm_gm View Post
    Pretty much as I suspected you have googled some headlines that aren’t based on any facts.

Your knowledge of what passporting is is basically zilch! As I suspected let’s fact check the world of John2.

Name the 10 key components of the ECD in connection with passporting
    Which EU countries prohibit shorts even though it’s not covered in ECD passporting legislation
    How does Basle3 impact on passporting

No looking at Johnopedia

Ps.lli know the answers to the above without 5he need for Johnopedia
    lol. You're trying to muddy the argument with waffle because you've been exposed.

There's no such thing as an ECD for starters.

I'll chase you a little for fun, can you tell me what the relevance of some countries prohibiting shorts is on the ability of financial services in the UK being allowed to continue if we don't have a Brexit deal? You're just spouting irrelevance as you've missed the point and also shown that you don't really understand stock markets.

Still waiting for that link. I'll not hold my breath.

Y
    Quote Originally Posted by John2 View Post
    lol. You're trying to muddy the argument with waffle because you've been exposed.

There's no such thing as an ECD for starters.

I'll chase you a little for fun, can you tell me what the relevance of some countries prohibiting shorts is on the ability of financial services in the UK being allowed to continue if we don't have a Brexit deal? You're just spouting irrelevance as you've missed the point and also shown that you don't really understand stock markets.

Still waiting for that link. I'll not hold my breath.
    ECD is the European Credit Directive, you fell into the trap!

John, I’ve spent 31 years working in financial institutions, I’ve worked for one of the biggest companies in the world, I’ve help one of the biggest pizza chains franchise, I’ve taken a company (that I owned) from start up to £3m, there are at least 15 people on here who have asked for my advice and k ow who I am.

Googling aside I can talk you through the EU non mutualised bonds what the impact is....looking at your posts you are a computer geek who doesn’t know anything about financial affairs

Happy to share email addresses to discuss (not abuse) I spend my life doing this ....but 19 mins on google and you are a professor ...lol

Ps..there’s also the MCD....have you read the 900 pages of the Basel 3..I have

John thinks basel3 is a herb

Y

ECD is the European Credit Directive, you fell into the trap!
    LOL, no I didn't. There is no such thing as the European Credit Directive - can you provide a link? Do you mean the Capital Requirements Directive (CRD IV)?
    Last edited by John2; 31-05-2020 at 06:36 AM.

LOL, no I didn't. There is no such thing as the European Credit Directive - can you provide a link? Do you mean the Capital Requirements Directive (CRD IV)?
    Do you both refer to the European Mortgage Credit Directive?

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    Do you both refer to the European Mortgage Credit Directive?
    He already mentioned "Ps..there’s also the MCD" so I assumed that wasn't what he meant.

He already mentioned "Ps..there’s also the MCD" so I assumed that wasn't what he meant.
    The ECD was the initial consultation in 1994 ish all financial institutions were involved, which ended in various legislation including MCD, and various other acts surrounding Insolvency, fraud, capital requirements and risk

LOL

You got a link for that?

Nice gotcha, how naive of me to not realise you were referring to a 1994 consultation from when I was 9 years old. I sure fell into that "trap"

It would be less humiliating for you if you just acknowledged your mistake.

I have more respect that you at least made the effort to respond once you'd embarrassed yourself unlike poor old Grist who ran away in another chat with his tail between his legs.

LOL

You got a link for that?

Nice gotcha, how naive of me to not realise you were referring to a 1994 consultation from when I was 9 years old. I sure fell into that "trap"

It would be less humiliating for you if you just acknowledged your mistake.

I have more respect that you at least made the effort to respond once you'd embarrassed yourself unlike poor old Grist who ran away in another chat with his tail between his legs.
    Was out all day yesterday John with Roly and mike strangling cats in dark alleys.

Its a poor strategy trying to divert away from your initial passporting argument, which you dont understand.

Without Johnopedia how does in work in relation to financial instruments?

Was out all day yesterday John with Roly and mike strangling cats in dark alleys.

Its a poor strategy trying to divert away from your initial passporting argument, which you dont understand.

Without Johnopedia how does in work in relation to financial instruments?
    No, gm, it doesn't work like that. You put out a barrage of waffle that has no relevance to the point I was making.

I said that if we don't get a deal that includes passporting it will massively impact the ability of many companies to provide financial services that they currently provide without barriers.

Your argument hasn't been to disprove that statement, its been to say you know loads about a bunch of irrelevant acronyms and therefore you know best and win the argument. Except you haven't said a single thing that disproves my statement.

For the record, I have no doubt you know loads about Basel and could go down into the details. The fact you think at your age you spend your life reading tedious 900 page documents for work means you "win" is interesting. You say I know nothing about financial affairs, but I don't need to try and boast about my circumstances to win an argument. I too get asked for advice and I get approached with lots of business opportunities and I am in the position to choose what I want to do with my life. I answer to nobody.

Reading 900 page documents is a depressing vision for my future. If you want that victory you can have it. I'll stick to the skiing and winning the actual argument at hand.

So, I'll lay the gauntlet... how am I wrong in my 'headline' assessment of the impact of losing passporting? I'm not going to read it, so spell it out - what hidden gem is hidden in the 900 pages of Basel that will provide a "gotcha" that disproves my concerns?

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast