+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T bbc bias apology

It's very strange that the same hysterical coverage by the BBC on the labour MP who was one of over one hundred people who attended a funeral breaking the rules on social distancing was not practised.At least Cummings kept his distance and did not put anybody at risk.

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    Maitlis states her personal view which the Beeb are not happy with the standards so they take her off
    & you think they're a joke
    Not quite sure what you mean Bill
    Have you seen Piers Morgan?
    You might want to have a lay down, I agree with your post

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Is it breaking impartiality rules or is she capturing the mood of the country ? .

The mood of the country who according to opinion polls 70% want Cummings gone .

Wouldn't impartiality be more the question if she had supported Cummings given it's a minority view ?

I think it's an authentic view more than bias personally .
    She has no right to "speak for the nation."

She wants to be Rachel Maddow but in this country there are impartiality rules for broadcast news.

I wouldn't mind if those went and the TV news was free to editorialise like newspapers but the licence fee would have to go.

Good point,she has always been against Brexit but I'm afraid the BBC lost in the referendum and she is out to get the people she thinks made that happen.Neither Johnson nor Cummings influenced my voting on the referendum.She forgets that that a large majority of voters backed the only party that could deliver our exit from the EU.Unfortunately the Beeb is not reflecting the views of the population who actually fund this.Personally I think Cummings should have apologised and brought it out sooner.However lies that were made about second visits and other false statements should also be scrutinised.As I stated earlier there is no consistency,we did not get a witch hunt on labour MPs who have broken the rules.

I think the difference is, most reasonable people will think this is hypocritical and plainly wrong, those with activist tenancies who want to wreck the economy will think its great

Quote Originally Posted by MillerBill View Post
    Good point,she has always been against Brexit but I'm afraid the BBC lost in the referendum and she is out to get the people she thinks made that happen.Neither Johnson nor Cummings influenced my voting on the referendum.She forgets that that a large majority of voters backed the only party that could deliver our exit from the EU.Unfortunately the Beeb is not reflecting the views of the population who actually fund this.Personally I think Cummings should have apologised and brought it out sooner.However lies that were made about second visits and other false statements should also be scrutinised.As I stated earlier there is no consistency,we did not get a witch hunt on labour MPs who have broken the rules.
    Who are these Labour MP's ?
    Have they been instrumental in instructing us what to do on lockdown rules?
    Last edited by Exiletyke; 28-05-2020 at 09:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gm_gm View Post
    I think the difference is, most reasonable people will think this is hypocritical and plainly wrong, those with activist tenancies who want to wreck the economy will think its great
    75% of the population you mean?

Who are these Labour MP's ?
    Have they been instrumental in instructing us what to do on lockdown rules?
    Tahir Ali and Stephen Kinnock and yes, they did vote for the lockdown rules.

Kinnock was actually promoted into the shadow cabinet after he broke them.

75% of the population you mean?
    75% of the population? I cant remember voting on this or giving an opinion can you?

Quote Originally Posted by gm_gm View Post
    75% of the population? I cant remember voting on this or giving an opinion can you?
    True that this poll was only of 1000 folk so treat with caution. But the yougov voting intention poll with a huge drop in government support is quite telling. Anecdotally, for what it's worth, I've never known such a strong feeling from normally non political folk. I keep in touch with loads of my former students as well as old friends of all political, but mainly non political, stances and there are loads of them expressing their anger and disgust at both Cummings and the government hypocrisy on neither acknowledging the wrong, let alone apologising. And I stress, these are people I've never known to comment on politics, even in elections!

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast