+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: O/T Spacex launch

Quote Originally Posted by Scum-Triumphant View Post
    I’m no expert but I reckon space is covid free. I’ve not seen it on any charts yet. Bit like Antarctica.

I wouldn’t wanna go to either though.
    They're not in space though they are in an enclosed confined bubble and someone might take the virus with them. No escape from your neighbour
    Maybe it's another one of those Hollywood films

Most flights down the Eastern Seaboard to Florida fly within a few miles of Cape Canaveral and the views of the launchpads are quite spectacular. Most passengers are half asleep with the blinds down and couldn't care less, but I think it's worth pointing out. Done this trip maybe 30 times and the cabin crew have never pointed it out so maybe it's a security issue. Worth checking out.

Quote Originally Posted by sota View Post
    Can sometimes see the launches from our house. Was watching one launch in a bar and a bloke said "Why are you watching on the telly, just step outside and watch the real thing!" Went right over our heads.

Not been here long when we were awoken in the middle of the night by a huge bang and the house shaking. Found out night morning it was the shuttle rentering.

Been here 17 years today today funnily enough.
    That’s amazing. I checked on google maps and you’re 170 miles or so from Cape Canaveral but you can still see stuff! I’ve visited the launch site etc but never seen one go up. Definitely a bucket list item for Mrs CT and I’d enjoy it, too.

To be fair CT, I'm struggling to draw the line between interesting posts and showing off, as they say. Any advice appreciated.

Made a visit to the Kennedy Space Center when we were over that way 5 years ago Sota, when my trip to see you was washed out. Was lucky that we picked a day a Titan rocket launch was being made and got to watch it from the Space Center viewing area. Quite a few miles from the pad and not a big rocket but still pretty awesome. It was interesting to see the size of the Saturn V rockets they used in the Apollo launches, all that work they put into those massive things just to trick Brin into thinking it was real
    Last edited by CAMiller; 30-05-2020 at 06:35 AM.

Will it get the lift off tonight 8:30ish here, probably won’t be able to see it

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Will it get the lift off tonight 8:30ish here, probably won’t be able to see it
    According to the BBC

For skywatchers in the UK, the Saturday flight is less favourable for catching sight of the capsule coming overhead. The first pass following lift-off comes when conditions are too light (just after 20:40 BST). The second pass, at around 22:15 BST, is better, but the vehicle will be very low on the horizon in the southwest.

Quote Originally Posted by sota View Post
    That was the first line I ever heard through headphones. Took my breath away and I've been into good sounds ever since.
    On theme, Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon is great on headphones.

Quote Originally Posted by BramleyMiller58 View Post
    According to the BBC

For skywatchers in the UK, the Saturday flight is less favourable for catching sight of the capsule coming overhead. The first pass following lift-off comes when conditions are too light (just after 20:40 BST). The second pass, at around 22:15 BST, is better, but the vehicle will be very low on the horizon in the southwest.
    Nothing better to do so I’ll be sat outside chilling looking up just in case, maybe a beer in hand

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast