+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: O/T Spacex launch

Inside 20 minutes. Looks like Thunderbirds are Go!

Go, go go!

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Nothing better to do so I’ll be sat outside chilling looking up just in case, maybe a beer in hand
    Good view at 22.10. Tonight again. West to east fot 6 mins.

Over the Isle of Sheppey.
    Name:  aaa.jpg
Views: 188
Size:  89.5 KB

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Made a visit to the Kennedy Space Center when we were over that way 5 years ago Sota, when my trip to see you was washed out. Was lucky that we picked a day a Titan rocket launch was being made and got to watch it from the Space Center viewing area. Quite a few miles from the pad and not a big rocket but still pretty awesome. It was interesting to see the size of the Saturn V rockets they used in the Apollo launches, all that work they put into those massive things just to trick Brin into thinking it was real
    CAM, having somehow managed to squeeze myself inside one of the ‘supposed’ landing modules they used from the Apollo ‘missions’, this was onboard the Intrepid berthed on the Hudson, I quickly realised just how fake this really was.

I tried to envisage three astronauts in full suits cramped up like they were ready to come of their mothers birth canal again, and realised it was physically impossible to fit three men in suits inside this sardine/mackerel tin, that was to be propelled at several thousand miles per hour through space before re entering the earths atmosphere and landing oh so softly.

Anyone who believes all this to be true needs certifying pronto.

Who on here has actually sat in one of these ‘returned’ craft? I have and trust me it doesn’t all add up. Laugh but I’m right on this it’s all smoke and mirrors to delude the lemmings.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    CAM, having somehow managed to squeeze myself inside one of the ‘supposed’ landing modules they used from the Apollo ‘missions’, this was onboard the Intrepid berthed on the Hudson, I quickly realised just how fake this really was.

I tried to envisage three astronauts in full suits cramped up like they were ready to come of their mothers birth canal again, and realised it was physically impossible to fit three men in suits inside this sardine/mackerel tin, that was to be propelled at several thousand miles per hour through space before re entering the earths atmosphere and landing oh so softly.

Who on here has actually sat in one of these ‘returned’ craft? I have and trust me it doesn’t all add up. Laugh but I’m right on this it’s all smoke and mirrors to delude the lemmings.
    The Apollo 10 command module they have at the science museum in London looks big enough. A tight fit though

😆

I think astronauts are a bit thinner than your average madster

Quote Originally Posted by sota View Post
    To be fair CT, I'm struggling to draw the line between interesting posts and showing off, as they say. Any advice appreciated.
    I think you're a long way from being a show-off, mate!

It's an interesting conversation to be had at some point, though...

It's amazing how the Hollywood cameras can make things look a lot bigger but it seems that when experienced in person it's pretty obvious it was a con

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast