+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: RIP Ron Smith

RIP Ron Smith

Sad news again, seems villa are good at this but Dean Smiths Dad, Ron passed away today. RIP.

He had been suffering with Dementia for the last 8 years. Strangely enough, the care home said he had contracted Covid19!

I remember Deano saying only this time last year after the Wembley win, his father was seriously ill and did not know who he was, very sad. My Mother went the same way.

Another Holte Ender in the Sky😔

For the luckiest among us, our Fathers are our heroes. I lost my hero 2017, still miss his advice and love.

R.I.P. Ron Smith, my thoughts are with your family.

Some lovely words, Exiled.

I was so sorry to read about the death of Ron Smith from Coronavirus. My sincere condolences to Dean and his family.

Dave, it sickens me to the stomach that "we" have allowed this to happen to our most vulnerable in society. Of course, we can never cocoon people completely, but we could have done better. They deserved it.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)