+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: league 1 decision

Deepest condolonces Mike. You stay strong for your family.

Stay safe, Mike.

And, as an aside, the EFL are due to meet on the 8thto rubber stamp the end of season arrangements..... don’t hold your breath!

Quote Originally Posted by AstonAlex View Post
    Stay safe, Mike.

And, as an aside, the EFL are due to meet on the 8thto rubber stamp the end of season arrangements..... don’t hold your breath!
    I was going to add, the statement now on OS says it's the date for a Board meeting to approve the regulation changes necessary to do what divisions want, so should agree League 2's (and probably league 1's) ending on PPG but with relegation, and for the Championship continuing till what would have been next season. Their playoffs will have to be really late, and still allow time to prepare for PL play in September. I assume ours and League 1's will be in July, once agreed.

The sooner everyone can know and then plan for the future, the better. I would also want the new season
    to start as late in the year to lessen the number of crowd-free games.

What will be decided quicker, League 1 or Brexit negotiations

That’s easy, out0 - League 1. The government have no interest in negotiating anything on Brexit, they will just take us all out with no deal on 31st December! Even Mr MacAnthony won’t be able to hold out for his own way that long.

I think that that sentence could have ended at..."The government have no interest.."!

As DA said today, if we're in League 1 financially we wouldn't want home games with Sunderland, Ipswich, Barnsley and a few obvious others to happen while we're crowd free.

Surely, it's about time the EFL showed some leadership and made decisions that are football friendly rather than in the business interests of a few has-been 'big' clubs. So, hopefully everything should be done and dusted by June 8th.

They should be able to, but I think their position is that if each Division can agree on something it reduces the chances of legal action. However, if they can’t then they will step in and tell them. The advantage of ask7ng them to make the decision in L1 is that, with 23 clubs, they should get a majority.... unless someone bottles it, and if you heard Winkleman on the radio you’d know that’s entirely possible. I still expect them to upset MacAnthony and Palios!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast