+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: league 1 decision

EFL has just announced that the meeting is to be put back to next Tuesday.

yes.. piss-up and brewery come to mind! Apparently, they didn't send the forms out in time to give the clubs the required time to reply and make proposals!!!

Gives you great confidence in the abilities of the EFL (not).

Quote Originally Posted by out0lunch View Post
    What will be decided quicker, League 1 or Brexit negotiations
    As said before, which will come first lol

And League2 clubs put their trust in our governing body. Even yesterday Artell was still maintaining he had no idea what league we would be playing in next season. As Gazan hinted do the EFL hold their meetings in a brewery in Burton?

Let’s be glad the EFL didn’t leave it to the FA or they might have declared the whole season void as they did for all clubs below National League level. Be careful what you wish for.

What I wish for is a legimate contract stating precisely what actions are proposed. Then for League1 and League2 to vote on EXACT proposals. Not hints as the EFL keep referring to.
    The FA and the National League level rightly or wrongly made their decisions. At least it was crystal clear. I personally think they were wrong. I also think the League2 clubs were wrong voting on what in fact is mere hints.

Quote Originally Posted by lukcour View Post
    What I wish for is a legimate contract stating precisely what actions are proposed. Then for League1 and League2 to vote on EXACT proposals. Not hints as the EFL keep referring to.
    The FA and the National League level rightly or wrongly made their decisions. At least it was crystal clear. I personally think they were wrong. I also think the League2 clubs were wrong voting on what in fact is mere hints.
    I think they have explicitly said said if a League votes to end a season on PPG with promotion and relegation that will be rubber stamped, but league 2 asked for no relegation or perhaps it would be over by now. I suspect they will just go ahead sending Stevenage down. I think DA is saying doesn't know for sure and is really just not wanting to count any chickens - as manager's always do if it's decided on actual points gained, however confident they (may) feel. I'm sure he's taken retained decisions on the assumption it's for League 1......

But social media is now talking about an enlarged play-off with Vale AND us. This is from Tranmere's research into a system that will guarantee them avoiding relegation.

Social media will always throw up daft and unworkable ideas. It’s pretty obvious from the fact that only 4 clubs in L2 are back in training and are testing their players and that others have released players that there will be 3 or 5 more matches in L2 this season, depending on whether the pay off semis are one or two legged affairs.

The big question comes if and when Macc are deducted more points for further infractions - that could get VERY messy.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast