+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ‘10 Years Since Winning League 2’ Video?

‘10 Years Since Winning League 2’ Video?

Great watching the 30th anniversary video of beating Tranmere.

Would love a video with 4 legends from the Munto year. It would be great to hear some of the stories from back then.

We cheated that season,end of

Quote Originally Posted by cocopops61 View Post
    We cheated that season,end of
    We cheated and we were cheated, end of.

Took us years to recover from the debts that Munto ran up. Both Trew and Hardy were handcuffed by them. Is it even sorted now?

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post

Took us years to recover from the debts that Munto ran up. Both Trew and Hardy were handcuffed by them. Is it even sorted now?
    Colin Slater said that all debts had been cleared but maybe that only relates to creditors owed beyond agreed terms.

Should have gone into admin in 2010. Despite the story he put out at the time about his wife convincing him not to, Trew must have known beforehand that the only way he was going to get and retain control of Notts was to try and manage the debts. No fan would have wanted admin, myself included, it turned out however to be a very hollow success. The Mad Dog 9 months was enjoyable but other than the Man City victory it just wasn't worth it, quite the opposite in fact. Three final day of the season fixtures to avoid the drop in five years was pathetic really, the amount of managers we got through was absolutely obscene. For younger supporters, it's pretty much all they've got to feel proud of, so I feel bad for dismissing it. The support in the Kop circa 2010 was the best Notts have ever had, that cannot be denied, but in terms of everything else it pales into insignificance compared to Sirrel and Warnock days,

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post

I think it's mutated but I think we are now on top of it. Hardy essentially bought the debt but charged us interest. When the Brothers Reedtz took us over, they paid a bunch of the debt down and bought the rest of the debt with an interest free loan from themselves. I think we're about £3.5m in debt but wholly to the Reedtz brothers and it's interest free and only repay it when they're selling I believe

Quote Originally Posted by magpie2k4 View Post
    Great watching the 30th anniversary video of beating Tranmere.

Would love a video with 4 legends from the Munto year. It would be great to hear some of the stories from back then.
    Hmm. That season just didn't feel the same. Yes it was good to go to matches thinking you were likely to see a win most weeks and Steve Cotterill's spell was fantastic to watch, but for me it wasn't anything like as satisfying as our other promotions. It was tainted by all the nonsense going on at the time.

The 1990 play off final is up there as one of the best days of my life. It was magical to see Notts win at Wembley.

Munto is such a bizarre thing to talk about in that it boosted support for the club massively (we are better supported now in the Conference than we were in what's now League One in the early 2000s) and healed a lot of divisions that appeared amongst the fans in the latter days of JAH's chairmanship. But there's no doubting it's a big reason for why we are where we are now.

None of that is the fault of the players though. It was a super fun season.

The players stories from that season would be great!

I would love to hear from Hughesy on the behind the scenes stories!

Post Munto Mr Ray Trew said he was still pursuing them via the serious fraud squad I am sure. I know that a lot of the folks involved finally got their dues but it would be fascinating to know more about that side of things.

Quote Originally Posted by magpie2k4 View Post
    The players stories from that season would be great!
    The Luke Rodgers Tantra(m)?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast