+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Saturday ... what does it now mean?

Saturday ... what does it now mean?

Pardon me ... bloody part timer on this forum ... but Ah like it and so like tae keep it goin ..

And so ....

Saturdays, for me were the fkn keystone o' my week afore the lockdoon. As a self employed musician, Ah would be up early ... but nae too early ... get ony domestic chores done in time tae tak in the fitba, and the chit-chat .... and then aff tae a gig, usually a weddin ... and earn ma proverbial crust.

Noo? Nae fitba ... nae gigs .... and nae a good day for shoppin unless Ah can be arsed queuin at certain stores .... Setterday has become prob ma least favourite day o' the wikk .... previously ma fave!

Upside? ... at least Ah'm nae knackered on Sundays efter a wikkend o' batterin hell oot ma instrument (no sniggering at the back! ) and haulin' an' humphin gear back an' fore, up an' doon ..... but then again, a wikk o' Sundays maks Sunday less o' an event .... and adds tae that wakin up wonderin fit actual day o' the wikk Ah'm wakin up tae!

...At least noo tho ... ony day, as lang as it's nae pishin rain, Ah can tend ma gerden ...

.... Enough aboot me tho ...

Jist wonderin ... as per thread title .... fit does Setterday mean tae ye nooadays?

Definitely avoiding the supermarket.

Why, when most of them now have the whole week off do they do their shopping on a Saturday as usual?

Just another of life's mysteries I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    Definitely avoiding the supermarket.

Why, when most of them now have the whole week off do they do their shopping on a Saturday as usual?

Just another of life's mysteries I suppose.
    To be fair, with the current sh1t going down, why would ANYBODY want to go near a supermarket isle anyway?

Plentiful click and collect slots available from the many grocery suppliers; drive up to the car park and alongside the van; boot up, load up, out, hame, no need to risk picking up the virus from any Cnut.

Setterdays since lockdown for me have been gairden in the mornin’, wash car, Off the Ball at 12, Sportsound at 2pm whilst walking or cycling somewhere, Off the Ball again at 5pm, takeaway meal fae Beekies Neuk or the Dutch Mill, followed by heaps of beer in the evening.

This setterday will alter if Nikki follows through on her promise to engage phase 1 of operation exit lockdown tomorrow. Maybe a gamey of golf, or put bike on roof of car and toddle up Deeside for a proper cycle.
    Last edited by Feck_the_Huns; 28-05-2020 at 11:35 AM.

Tiswas Day.

Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post
    Tiswas Day.
    Aah Tiswas. Still my fav Saturday morning kids TV.

Trevor McDoughnut
    David Bewwamy
    Bob Carolgees & Spit the Dog
    The Phantom Flan Flinger

& the incomparable Sally James who stirred some strange feelings in a young country loon at the time.

Affa fine show thon...

Quote Originally Posted by Feck_the_Huns View Post
    To be fair, with the current sh1t going down, why would ANYBODY want to go near a supermarket isle anyway?

Plentiful click and collect slots available from the many grocery suppliers; drive up to the car park and alongside the van; boot up, load up, out, hame, no need to risk picking up the virus from any Cnut.
    Bassas try to short code you at every turn though.
    Two days at best on anything with a Use by date.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Moog View Post
    Aah Tiswas. Still my fav Saturday morning kids TV.

Trevor McDoughnut
    David Bewwamy
    Bob Carolgees & Spit the Dog
    The Phantom Flan Flinger

& the incomparable Sally James who stirred some strange feelings in a young country loon at the time.

Affa fine show thon...
    Lenny Henry.
    They should have told him early doors that he just isn't funny.

My sense of dread at 3pm has largely disappeared of a Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by Feck_the_Huns View Post

Setterdays since lockdown for me have been gairden in the mornin’, wash car, Off the Ball at 12, Sportsound at 2pm whilst walking or cycling somewhere, Off the Ball again at 5pm, takeaway meal fae Beekies Neuk or the Dutch Mill, followed by heaps of beer in the evening.

This setterday will alter if Nikki follows through on her promise to engage phase 1 of operation exit lockdown tomorrow. Maybe a gamey of golf, or put bike on roof of car and toddle up Deeside for a proper cycle.
    At the start of lockdown I used the delivery service but gave up on it as got a few things with a day or two to the sell by date.
    Then couldn’t get any slots so bad no choice but to go to the supermarket.
    The queuing is a pain but once you’re in the shop is far quieter.

Quote Originally Posted by Donanddusted View Post
    Lenny Henry.
    They should have told him early doors that he just isn't funny.
    He’s well past his sell by date now and has been for ages - I’ll give you that.

But

He was ace on Tiswas - Often the best thing on that show.

And considering the time he broke through - the time when the likes of Bernard Manning & Jim Davidson were the comedians of choice for many people - he had no lack of guts & determination too.

Shagging Dawn French was nae his finest hour mind...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast