+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Anniversaries

Quote Originally Posted by petermackie View Post
    ..... I'll never be embarrassed winning a Derby and yeah pretty level headed I think!
    Wouldn't disagree but I would be embarrassed if winning a game against a bottom of the league club is the highlight of last 40 years for any team.
    When did you last actually win a game against a team to win something cos that's when you can gloat, Utd fans can think of a good few inc 1 or 2 against you lot.

Why not just admit and accept Utd are the bigger club with a much better fanbase, most of which have witnessed success in person and not by looking back at black and white photos whilst being preached at by great grandparents.
    You lot have been in our shadow for decades, jealous, bitter and disillusioned with how your club is run. This is set to continue for another good while yet

.. I'll never be embarrassed winning a Derby!
    You obviously were with that one, you even said so yourself as you well know! Is this another example of Dee revisionism in action?

Anyway, off ye pop and reminisce over the pictures of thon night in London for a legend keeper who helped put you in admin. For that, he’s a legend alright, a legend at Tannadice.

During the early 80's the derby started to get really boring it was like going to see the same film over and over again.It was a good film right enough but it always had the same ending.So much so that in September 1981 we left Dundee on Friday the 11th to drive to Monte Carlo for our away tie v AS Monaco.

The derby was played the following day at Tannadice with the usual ending again,Dundee United 5 Dundee 2,what was different was we then produced one of the best away results ever by a Scottish club on foreign soil,AS Monaco 2 Dundee United 5.

To put these results into perspective the Dees finished 4 points above the relegation spot BUT AS Monaco went onto win the French league title,FACT with a WASC.

Sad club with even sadder fans,
    Truth is Funsters hoped for a new normal during our blip but couldn't take advantage and even with their supposed great squad couldn't beat us this season, but then Funsters only relate to their version of truth, facts and honesty.

Let me get that great nail and hammer it into the coffin that says back to normal and business as usual, which is us dominating this city and being the only ones bringing success.
    All might I add whilst laughing at the ever new ways our wee sisters find to further embarrass themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by A. J View Post
    Sad club with even sadder fans,
    Truth is Funsters hoped for a new normal during our blip but couldn't take advantage and even with their supposed great squad couldn't beat us this season, but then Funsters only relate to their version of truth, facts and honesty.

Let me get that great nail and hammer it into the coffin that says back to normal and business as usual, which is us dominating this city and being the only ones bringing success.
    All might I add whilst laughing at the ever new ways our wee sisters find to further embarrass themselves.
    Speaking of hammers,nails and coffins,i wonder where they buried the casket so thoughtfully carried out of the Bowser on doon derby night?.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    You obviously were with that one, you even said so yourself as you well know! Is this another example of Dee revisionism in action?

Anyway, off ye pop and reminisce over the pictures of thon night in London for a legend keeper who helped put you in admin. For that, he’s a legend alright, a legend at Tannadice.
    Think you're getting me mixed up with someone else

Sorry James I've done it again,
    and wandered aff doon memory lane,
    but when Peter appeared it had me thinking,
    that for maist O the 80's the Dees were stinking.

Think you're getting me mixed up with someone else
    OK, I will refer you to posts 59 and 60 of the League Reconstruction thread peter. Or are you ‘revising’ that as well now?

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    During the early 80's the derby started to get really boring it was like going to see the same film over and over again.It was a good film right enough but it always had the same ending.So much so that in September 1981 we left Dundee on Friday the 11th to drive to Monte Carlo for our away tie v AS Monaco.

The derby was played the following day at Tannadice with the usual ending again,Dundee United 5 Dundee 2,what was different was we then produced one of the best away results ever by a Scottish club on foreign soil,AS Monaco 2 Dundee United 5.

To put these results into perspective the Dees finished 4 points above the relegation spot BUT AS Monaco went onto win the French league title,FACT with a WASC.
    Should have come with us gunboat... We went to Derby then jumped on train about 10 o'clock heading to South of France. Got there Monday morning g.

Carlsberg week indeed

Quote Originally Posted by arabesque View Post
    Should have come with us gunboat... We went to Derby then jumped on train about 10 o'clock heading to South of France. Got there Monday morning g.

Carlsberg week indeed
    We got there Sunday teatime and were deported just after midnight,there was a mass brawl with a group of West Ham sailors in Rosie's bar.They started it and we were allowed back into Monte Carlo on the Monday morning.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)