+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Anniversaries

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    You’ve really got to love it.

First it was ‘You’s have never won a trophy’, then we did. Then it was ‘You’s have never won the League”, until we did. At Dens. Next it was ‘Ah, but you’s have never won the Scottish Cup”. Ivan dealt with that nonsense. And then it was “Ah, but it’s 5-4 to the Dees”. 28,000 Arabs witnessed that one put to BED. Now we’ve got this “Yes, but we’ve done everything first” twaddle.

They’re seriously running out of straws to grasp. I wonder what’s next when we make it 6-5 (which we will)? “Ah, but Oor Main Stand’s aulder than your Main Stand”.
    Their main stand is second hand.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    You’ve really got to love it.

First it was ‘You’s have never won a trophy’, then we did. Then it was ‘You’s have never won the League”, until we did. At Dens. Next it was ‘Ah, but you’s have never won the Scottish Cup”. Ivan dealt with that nonsense. And then it was “Ah, but it’s 5-4 to the Dees”. 28,000 Arabs witnessed that one put to BED. Now we’ve got this “Yes, but we’ve done everything first” twaddle.

They’re seriously running out of straws to grasp. I wonder what’s next when we make it 6-5 (which we will)? “Ah, but Oor Main Stand’s aulder than your Main Stand”.
    What age would a Dee have to be to have kissed silver.

There will come time when there will be few left, a dying breed. Grandad tell us again about the day you saw the mighty Dee win the League Cup.

Unbelievable Jeff
    Dud you know that as of 19/20 standings, all 12 teams who played in Scots Premier and the other 4 who finished in top 5 in championship have appeared in a Scottish or league Cup final more recently than our embarrassing wee sister

Sounds great but it isn't true though is it? Unless Hamilton have had a season I can't remember...

Quote Originally Posted by petermackie View Post
    Maybe you're a latecomer and May 2010 was your first game 🙈😃🙈😄
    morning Peter!

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    Sounds great but it isn't true though is it? Unless Hamilton have had a season I can't remember...
    Under Funster code The Accies have actually won something without actually winning anything.I give you their celebrations when they stayed up after the play off final v Dundee United.

The greatest night in the majority of Funster life's was the Doon Derby,its a major honour in their eyes.The only thing that's missing is the trophy in the cabinet deep in the bowels of TheAuldHunStand.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    Under Funster code The Accies have actually won something without actually winning anything.I give you their celebrations when they stayed up after the play off final v Dundee United.

The greatest night in the majority of Funster life's was the Doon Derby,its a major honour in their eyes.The only thing that's missing is the trophy in the cabinet deep in the bowels of TheAuldHunStand.
    Its "perhaps" better than winning a trophy

https://www.theguardian.com/football...nited-scotland

I stand corrected, although I did choose to spare their blushes by not including Gretna, Queen of South

Minter club oh and btw can we move on from ye old 'your Grandads team' comments, surely with Dundee's ****age pregnancy rate it should the great grandparents,
    In the meantime funsters please continue with your quest to keep trophies and cabinet social distancing

Quote Originally Posted by Shedboy1971 View Post
    Its "perhaps" better than winning a trophy

https://www.theguardian.com/football...nited-scotland
    Even arch Funster peter has admitted that was embarrassing, reference the League Reconstruction thread.

If you read through the full Patullo article, after he gets past the "better than a trophy" part (which will be a source of embarrassment to the more level-headed Dundee supporters who would rather not be portrayed as so small-minded) the article is almost a love letter to United. He ladles on the praise and gives an outsider's assessment of a very good team.
    He certainly wouldn't be the first journo who submitted an article to his publication, and then was unimpressed by the efforts of a sub-editor desperate fo find an attention-grabbing headline.
    If anything, Patullo gives great respect to United, albeit in a grudging fashion of a rival. It is an examination of what it is like to be a fan of a club whose neighbour is more successful, like Everton fans, or Manchester City (before the oil money) fans.
    On other subjects, and other football teams, Patullo is a good writer.
    And I am a huge fan of Nutmeg magazine. It portrays Scottish football in a grown-up and thoughtful manner, beyond the stuck-in-the-past way that Off The Ball (for instance) carries on with its childish soundalike daftness (let's hear your ideas for a potato-themed XI harharhar!) it has been doing since the early 1990s. Football supporters have moved on from that.
    In my opinion.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)