+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Anniversaries

Quote Originally Posted by Yeats 62 View Post
    Memories of the auld hun stand ,as pre-mentioned by GB

The auld hun stand is second hand
    Things just didnae go as planned
    These days it's never in demand
    Sad to see the auld hun stand.

The auld hun stand has witnessed bliss
    Outside I trained my dog to piss
    Tannoy playing Jeemy Shand
    Festest fingirz in the land.

The auld hun stand has seen some glee
    Two league cups ,then league made three
    Best Scots team within the land
    All witnessed by the auld hun stand.

Scenes that did make old men cry
    Oor wee Jim held shoulder high
    He nearly broke in to a smile
    While all the Dees had ran a mile.

So, up to Campy they will go
    In wind and rain,and even snow
    To pastures new and pastures grand
    To leave behind the auld hun stand.

One day it will be torn apart
    But hold a place in Arab hearts
    Those memories can't be erased
    Beginning of the glory days.

(no the best poem GB , but hope yi like it)
    How's aboot that Peter?.

The boards best poet's days are over,
    cos eh never took meh wee doag Rover,
    our walks were never properly planned,
    so he could learn tae pyss on TheAuldHunStand.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    How's aboot that Peter?.

The boards best poet's days are over,
    cos eh never took meh wee doag Rover,
    our walks were never properly planned,
    so he could learn tae pyss on TheAuldHunStand.
    Yeah a few of your boys talents are wasted... it's a pity We're only an afterthought for you and your mob or some of you could me making serious money on the poetry front 👍

It is a FACT that i witnessed 6 Scottish Cup final defeats before i saw the big one lifted twice but there is one thing that always seems to be forgotten especially by Funsters,look at all the victories(some of them against the Dees)that i witnessed.

In the honours list your club is only remembered by the silver they kissed but i have watched United win hundred's and hundered's of cup games through the years all over europe and domestically.

Quarter finals and semi finals by the FN bucket load that the Funsters can only dream about,personally my favourite remains that day at Tynecastle when it was a double whammy.

I witnessed the best halftime celebration ever followed by a massive puss trip by the same supporters at fulltime.This of course paid for my trip to Germany to witness further glory in the Bokelbergstadion in Moenchengladbach.

Its not all about the number of trophies in your team's cabinet in my opinion its all about the glory on the journey,i have had a million miles of it with United whereas a Funster of a similar age has not left his street yet,FACT with a WASC thrown in.
    It is a FACT that i witnessed 6 Scottish Cup final defeats before i saw the big one lifted twice but there is one thing that always seems to be forgotten especially by Funsters,look at all the victories(some of them against the Dees)that i witnessed.

In the honours list your club is only remembered by the silver they kissed but i have watched United win hundred's and hundered's of cup games through the years all over europe and domestically.

Quarter finals and semi finals by the FN bucket load that the Funsters can only dream about,personally my favourite remains that day at Tynecastle when it was a double whammy.

I witnessed the best halftime celebration ever followed by a massive puss trip by the same supporters at fulltime.This of course paid for my trip to Germany to witness further glory in the Bokelbergstadion in Moenchengladbach.

Its not all about the number of trophies in your team's cabinet in my opinion its all about the glory on the journey,i have had a million miles of it with United whereas a Funster of a similar age has not left his street yet,FACT with a WASC thrown in.

Excellent post.

I believe our win in the Bokelberg over Moenchengladbach was their first defeat there in Europe for about 25-30 years, these were euro regulars for much of the time

Your point about all the games we have seen win in the cup, many big ones but countless very good victories and days, I think of semi finals alone and remember Mcinally vs the sheep at Hampden, Winters performance in our 3-1 win v the Sheep at Tynecastle, the two goals in two mins vs Hibs in the semi at Hampden from a goal down, that night at Tynecastle in 2008 vs the sheep from 1 down to 4-1 and the phenomenal noise from the Utd fans in a packed roseburn stand, the sun drenched Hampden vs Raith, what a day after knowing we wouldn't face Celtic in the final, the 2013 semi vs Celtic, losing 4-3 in extra time but to see young Gauld and Souttar at 16 hold their own, the way Gauld layed on GMS for the first equaliser and big Dalys header for 3-3 in off the post, mental scenes, to a year later at neutral ibrox vs the rangers, that young side standing upto the circus of a build up and getting the win despite not playing at their best and 10000 arabs at ibrox vs them was something else, to coming from a goal behind to defeat the Sheep yet again in 2015 at Hampden with Ciftci getting getting the winner on he back of the one at ibrox the year before

That's just my own memories of semi finals I attended from 94 onwards, nevermind the countless from the 20 years prior... That's not including many big win and memorable in quarter finals and other rounds (Inc multiple derbies, a few v rangers etc)

Shedka,if you come back on to reply to Peter can you please post the semi highlights from Tynecastle again?.

Which one, 85 vs Sheep (their first league Cup defeat in 4 years), 97 vs the Sheep, 2008 vs the Sheep...

Or 87 vs the fun in the only competitive derby played outside the city? (they bottled a Hampden showdown in 2010)

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    Which one, 85 vs Sheep (their first league Cup defeat in 4 years), 97 vs the Sheep, 2008 vs the Sheep...

Or 87 vs the fun in the only competitive derby played outside the city? (they bottled a Hampden showdown in 2010)
    Oh sorry mate i was referring to the one that led to a free trip to Germany in 1987.

Excellent post.

I believe our win in the Bokelberg over Moenchengladbach was their first defeat there in Europe for about 25-30 years, these were euro regulars for much of the time

Your point about all the games we have seen win in the cup, many big ones but countless very good victories and days, I think of semi finals alone and remember Mcinally vs the sheep at Hampden, Winters performance in our 3-1 win v the Sheep at Tynecastle, the two goals in two mins vs Hibs in the semi at Hampden from a goal down, that night at Tynecastle in 2008 vs the sheep from 1 down to 4-1 and the phenomenal noise from the Utd fans in a packed roseburn stand, the sun drenched Hampden vs Raith, what a day after knowing we wouldn't face Celtic in the final, the 2013 semi vs Celtic, losing 4-3 in extra time but to see young Gauld and Souttar at 16 hold their own, the way Gauld layed on GMS for the first equaliser and big Dalys header for 3-3 in off the post, mental scenes, to a year later at neutral ibrox vs the rangers, that young side standing upto the circus of a build up and getting the win despite not playing at their best and 10000 arabs at ibrox vs them was something else, to coming from a goal behind to defeat the Sheep yet again in 2015 at Hampden with Ciftci getting getting the winner on he back of the one at ibrox the year before

That's just my own memories of semi finals I attended from 94 onwards, nevermind the countless from the 20 years prior... That's not including many big win and memorable in quarter finals and other rounds (Inc multiple derbies, a few v rangers etc)
    Thanks mate,it was so good you named it twice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsi5lXxzByU

Excellent post.

They were big favourites to win that match.

Name:  BM1.jpg
Views: 283
Size:  94.9 KBName:  BM2.JPG
Views: 288
Size:  90.8 KB

Outstanding photos, Yeats.
    Especially the top one.
    Do you hold the copyrights?

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Finan View Post
    Outstanding photos, Yeats.
    Especially the top one.
    Do you hold the copyrights?
    Yeah Steve, I took them myself on a wee crappy camera

Truly magnificent mate,there was a wee tear in the eye though when i read one day it will be torn apart,sections must go to the V&A for posterity.
    Defo GB. I'd go for the section above the tunnel , I can still hear the studs clackin' now

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)