+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Anniversaries

Watch yersel GB he'll say yer dragging up the past, let's try our best to think of more recent events, I can only think of a few though +cough+
    The premature celebrations
    Mind the gap banner
    6-2 again
    Shanks celebration at Dens
    The 'fecking up their vote'
    Us being telt to dance
    Managing to feck up the one vote twice
    Nelms being bent over and learning the hard way
    Dundee accepting their place

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    Apparently the 17th anniversary of you losing your only Scottish Cup final of the last 60 years against a Rangers side still hungover from a week of celebrating a helicopter sunday

Were you in one of the sparse sections that were embarrassing to see on the TV coverage? do you think thats when the sleeping giant myth that funsters peddled died? 40 years without a big cup final so everyone would have attended that could, and you couldn't sell out... I think yes.
    Now shedka we've been here before about crowd debates and it's pretty boring stuff...but being the expert that you are on stats I'm sure our crowd against Rangers that day was the biggest against any half of the old firm in a cup final from our city since the beginning of the Premier League🇫🇷⚽🇫🇷⚽🇫🇷

It is a FACT that i witnessed 6 Scottish Cup final defeats before i saw the big one lifted twice but there is one thing that always seems to be forgotten especially by Funsters,look at all the victories(some of them against the Dees)that i witnessed.

In the honours list your club is only remembered by the silver they kissed but i have watched United win hundred's and hundered's of cup games through the years all over europe and domestically.

Quarter finals and semi finals by the FN bucket load that the Funsters can only dream about,personally my favourite remains that day at Tynecastle when it was a double whammy.

I witnessed the best halftime celebration ever followed by a massive puss trip by the same supporters at fulltime.This of course paid for my trip to Germany to witness further glory in the Bokelbergstadion in Moenchengladbach.

Its not all about the number of trophies in your team's cabinet in my opinion its all about the glory on the journey,i have had a million miles of it with United whereas a Funster of a similar age has not left his street yet,FACT with a WASC thrown in.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    It is a FACT that i witnessed 6 Scottish Cup final defeats before i saw the big one lifted twice but there is one thing that always seems to be forgotten especially by Funsters,look at all the victories(some of them against the Dees)that i witnessed.

In the honours list your club is only remembered by the silver they kissed but i have watched United win hundred's and hundered's of cup games through the years all over europe and domestically.

Quarter finals and semi finals by the FN bucket load that the Funsters can only dream about,personally my favourite remains that day at Tynecastle when it was a double whammy.

I witnessed the best halftime celebration ever followed by a massive puss trip by the same supporters at fulltime.This of course paid for my trip to Germany to witness further glory in the Bokelbergstadion in Moenchengladbach.

Its not all about the number of trophies in your team's cabinet in my opinion its all about the glory on the journey,i have had a million miles of it with United whereas a Funster of a similar age has not left his street yet,FACT with a WASC thrown in.
    Yeh but they had a cracking jolly to Crystal Palace a few year back GB. Surely that’s the big one?

Shedka,if you come back on to reply to Peter can you please post the semi highlights from Tynecastle again?.

Have I been reading it right in here that a Funster laughing at the big team in the city losing a European final. Strange lot the Funsters when a trip to Crystal Palace has been the biggest day out in f**k knows how long..

Now while I actually agree with a lot of what you're saying about days out at the football... I'm taking it you accept our celebrations of the Doon Derby given that you're personal favourite at Tynecastle in the end won both of us nothing but great feelings on the day and a little bit beyond.

Quote Originally Posted by petermackie View Post
    Now while I actually agree with a lot of what you're saying about days out at the football... I'm taking it you accept our celebrations of the Doon Derby given that you're personal favourite at Tynecastle in the end won both of us nothing but great feelings on the day and a little bit beyond.
    What i am basically saying is i have had hundred's of great days out following United all over this country and europe,whereas many Funsters will go to their graves content that they put United out of their misery in the doon derby in 2016.

When i witnessed greatness in the Nou Camp i was not thinking,"I cannie wait to get hame and bather the Dees." My main objective was to celebrate on Las Ramblas and party in Lloret de mar which i did.

I am sorry to say it Peter but during most of my life DFC have never been anymore than an afterthought when i think of football greatness in my city(Dundee),WASC with a FACT.

This is the difference.

A Dee memory is doon specs and a coffin carried oot the Bowser.

My memories?.

2 Scottish Cup wins,the league won at Dens,the league cup won at Dens,glory in Barcelona,Monaco,Moenchengladbach,Bremen,Eindhoven ,etc etc etc.

I could go on and on and on but my fingers would be hinging aff,WASC,FACT.
    Memories of the auld hun stand ,as pre-mentioned by GB

The auld hun stand is second hand
    Things just didnae go as planned
    These days it's never in demand
    Sad to see the auld hun stand.

The auld hun stand has witnessed bliss
    Outside I trained my dog to piss
    Tannoy playing Jeemy Shand
    Festest fingirz in the land.

The auld hun stand has seen some glee
    Two league cups ,then league made three
    Best Scots team within the land
    All witnessed by the auld hun stand.

Scenes that did make old men cry
    Oor wee Jim held shoulder high
    He nearly broke in to a smile
    While all the Dees had ran a mile.

So, up to Campy they will go
    In wind and rain,and even snow
    To pastures new and pastures grand
    To leave behind the auld hun stand.

One day it will be torn apart
    But hold a place in Arab hearts
    Those memories can't be erased
    Beginning of the glory days.

(no the best poem GB , but hope yi like it)

Quote Originally Posted by Yeats 62 View Post
    Memories of the auld hun stand ,as pre-mentioned by GB

The auld hun stand is second hand
    Things just didnae go as planned
    These days it's never in demand
    Sad to see the auld hun stand.

The auld hun stand has witnessed bliss
    Outside I trained my dog to piss
    Tannoy playing Jeemy Shand
    Festest fingirz in the land.

The auld hun stand has seen some glee
    Two league cups ,then league made three
    Best Scots team within the land
    All witnessed by the auld hun stand.

Scenes that did make old men cry
    Oor wee Jim held shoulder high
    He nearly broke in to a smile
    While all the Dees had ran a mile.

So, up to Campy they will go
    In wind and rain,and even snow
    To pastures new and pastures grand
    To leave behind the auld hun stand.

One day it will be torn apart
    But hold a place in Arab hearts
    Those memories can't be erased
    Beginning of the glory days.

(no the best poem GB , but hope yi like it)
    Truly magnificent mate,there was a wee tear in the eye though when i read one day it will be torn apart,sections must go to the V&A for posterity.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)