+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Season Ticket - The Unknown Season 2020/21

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    I shall not be renewing my Season Ticket for the first time for many a decade. Reasons--

1 I do not know what I will receive for my money. It won't be 23 live football games at Oakwell with me in attendance. I anticipate the games will be behind closed doors until the New Year at the earliest and watching a game on iFollow played on a Wednesday afternoon with no crowd does not appeal.

2 All the "risk" in buying a ticket and covering the cashflow is on the fan. It has not even entered the owner's thinking that they could make a loan to the club. All this pleading poverty does not wash when they are actively looking to spend approx £20 million on buying another club in France.

3 "We are in this together". As far as i am aware no player or non playing staff has agreed to share the burden of supporting the club by reducing their wage (deferrals are not wage reductions--just getting the same amount later).

4 Whether or not we are relegated I anticipate a fire sale of a number of players to "cover costs" so I would just be watching a development squad being prepared for sale.

5 A general falling out with the club and money in football in general made worse by my lack of trust of the motives of the present owners

6 Dominic Cummings is an arseoyle.

I'm still enjoying my rest forra while yet. Bill is towing his tripe art defending the owners and I am enjoying reading it. Just going forra drive to test my eyes. Stay Alert.
    Some great points there SB

Thaz hit nail firmly on eeard wi that post abart reasons tha wint renew SB. Top man.

I've just had a reply from the club via e-mail. They are processing refunds later as they have a lot to get through.

I shall not be renewing my Season Ticket for the first time for many a decade. Reasons--

1 I do not know what I will receive for my money. It won't be 23 live football games at Oakwell with me in attendance. I anticipate the games will be behind closed doors until the New Year at the earliest and watching a game on iFollow played on a Wednesday afternoon with no crowd does not appeal.

2 All the "risk" in buying a ticket and covering the cashflow is on the fan. It has not even entered the owner's thinking that they could make a loan to the club. All this pleading poverty does not wash when they are actively looking to spend approx £20 million on buying another club in France.

3 "We are in this together". As far as i am aware no player or non playing staff has agreed to share the burden of supporting the club by reducing their wage (deferrals are not wage reductions--just getting the same amount later).

4 Whether or not we are relegated I anticipate a fire sale of a number of players to "cover costs" so I would just be watching a development squad being prepared for sale.

5 A general falling out with the club and money in football in general made worse by my lack of trust of the motives of the present owners

6 Dominic Cummings is an arseoyle.

I'm still enjoying my rest forra while yet. Bill is towing his tripe art defending the owners and I am enjoying reading it. Just going forra drive to test my eyes. Stay Alert.
    Welcome back,I agree about Cummings,I don't like tripe,have you any proof about the claims you make about our owners or is that your opinion.
    Almost everytime I post on here I follow up by saying In my opinion.Thats what message boards are for.You don't agree with me and I don't agree with you that's fine no problem .It makes for better debate to have differing views. To claim i'm towing my tripe art is very childish and a little insulting to the art of debate.Get plenty of sun cream on and keep safe.

Quote Originally Posted by bill46 View Post
    Welcome back,I agree about Cummings,I don't like tripe,have you any proof about the claims you make about our owners or is that your opinion.
    Almost everytime I post on here I follow up by saying In my opinion.Thats what message boards are for.You don't agree with me and I don't agree with you that's fine no problem .It makes for better debate to have differing views. To claim i'm towing my tripe art is very childish and a little insulting to the art of debate.Get plenty of sun cream on and keep safe.
    Luvvit Bill.

When I have finished my rest I shall come back with posts that are anti our owners whatever they do, full of bile abart them, full of childish remarks abart them, with complete prejudice and with no desire to feel the need to provide proof to back up anything I say. Can't be arsed writing "in my opinion" every time I oppan mi gob.

(As Jim Royle would say).......

"Are you having that one, Bill ?"

Si thi in a while mi owd.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 29-05-2020 at 03:12 PM.

Sorry to hear that SBRed I thought we could have been friends.Probably best to debate over a pint.
    Roll on pubs reopening.Take care.

Luvvit Bill.

When I have finished my rest I shall come back with posts that are anti our owners whatever they do, full of bile abart them, full of childish remarks abart them, with complete prejudice and with no desire to feel the need to provide proof to back up anything I say. Can't be arsed writing "in my opinion" every time I oppan mi gob.

(As Jim Royle would say).......

"Are you having that one, Bill ?"

Si thi in a while mi owd.

So.... are you renewing or not? Stop spouting sh1te.
    Yes. Or no?
    Cos deep down, i think you say things.....(Subversion)....
    And then you sneak in.

I think you are after my seat in the lower East .... s

Quote Originally Posted by Jules88 View Post
    So.... are you renewing or not? Stop spouting sh1te.
    Yes. Or no?
    Cos deep down, i think you say things.....(Subversion)....
    And then you sneak in.

I think you are after my seat in the lower East .... s
    No.

I refer my learned friend to Post 6.

Respect to you lads shelling out for the unknown. Dog's bank account balance is safely untouched in your hands. The saying "Laughing all the way to the bank" comes to mind for some reason. "You no berieve this. Fans at my English crub buy tickets and I promise them nothing. And then, sit down for this one, I say you pay me £40 extra and I give you flee shirt worth £40"
    Last edited by SBRed48; 30-05-2020 at 08:02 AM.

Totally get the laughing all the way to bank bit.. I would have bought a shirt anyway. I’ve renewed because I want to . Not because they offered a shirt. I don’t want to lose my seat, and if they let the club go bust, then I’ll be sorry, but bigger businesses than us go under with wealthy owners not prepared to bake them out. That’s life. I’m sorry we haven’t got owners that have the same passion for the club as most of us do........but They run it as a business. Not as a charity to the fans. That’s fact, something they’ve always said, they haven’t lied in their stated intentions..
    If I see ten games after January, it’s £20 a game. Absolute bargain.

If I don’t get to go again ever, and the club goes under, then I will have done my bit. It’s a bit like buying from China ( and we all do it)... We don’t like the owners, and how it’s run, but we have to.

Credit to you Jules and other Season Members who renewed. You can walk the streets of Denby Dale with your head held high. When your club needed you, you stood up to be counted.
    Pond life like me don't deserve to breathe the same air.

(Love the "bake them out"---the club will be toast in a year or two )

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast