+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Premier League restart

Premier League restart

Is (hoping) set for 17th June with 2 matches Villa v Sheffield United and Man City v Arsenal.

As we know these are the games in hand.
    Last edited by VillaRosie; 28-05-2020 at 02:30 PM.

Bring it on, I see record TV audiance for this one?

Sorry Rosie, this topic wasn’t up when I started typing my thread. Took a quick call and then submitted.

Should have known that you'd had it covered.

We need points asap, as I’ve a suspicion this restart could go pear shaped. All the Prem care about are the ‘bin dippers’, as soon as they get their points (if ars beat city, and dippers win 1st game), I can see the PL calling the league. It’s all about next season, if they can call it before July then they’ll be delighted.

Agreed, I think thats why they are playing the games in hand first. If there are complications you could see players refusing to play. The season will then be brought to an end and final positions will count so its very simple for us, we have potentionally one game to save our season. Win at all costs!

Quote Originally Posted by Exiledvillan View Post
    Sorry Rosie, this topic wasn’t up when I started typing my thread. Took a quick call and then submitted.

Should have known that you'd had it covered.

We need points asap, as I’ve a suspicion this restart could go pear shaped. All the Prem care about are the ‘bin dippers’, as soon as they get their points (if ars beat city, and dippers win 1st game), I can see the PL calling the league. It’s all about next season, if they can call it before July then they’ll be delighted.
    No probs Exiled and btw I completely agree with both yourself and Dave’s comments. 🤪😜

Apologies if everyone is aware of the following but I thought none Sky Sports subscribers may find this of interest.
    Sky have 64 live Premier League games to broadcast of those 25 will be shown simultaneously on the Sky Sports Premier League channel and their free to-air channel Pick.

Wonder if BT Sports will do something similar?

Somehow I dont care for watching, its a results game now and we need at least 4 wins from 10 plus a couple of draws! Tough ask but it will also depend on how the opposition players react, will they be picking up mystery injuries, illnesses and so on just to dodge a game? Our lot need to scrap, fight and sweat like never before. We ended on 3 straight wins, we have players back and should be refreshed. All to play for but we must get that win first v sheff utd.

I assume that you meant 3 defeats mate. You’re right on all the points that you made, we need to find points wherever we can. With regards to what I believe will happen? Well I’m caught between 2 trains of thought re why certain players are only demons in training?

1. The players in question are frightened of crowds, so our chances behind closed doors are good.
    2. In training they are up against a pile of sh1t, and any auld clodder will look like Messi.

I hope it's the former, but genuinely fear it's the latter.

Yes of course I meant 3 defeats but maybe its a omen? Haha.
    Train down VP to get used to the lack of Atmos! 6 home games, well, unless for some pointless reason, may be played at neutral venues!

I see the clueless PL/FA/TV companies are planning yet another pathetic, soulless and crass idea for the Behind Closed Doors experience; Fifa 20 fans soundtrack.

Now I don’t know about you, but for me, hang the fkucing lot of em. I’ve had the Fifa fans soundtrack right up to me noodle. Young Villan has been abusing my hearing and mental fitness for 6 years with this sh1te.

Horrifyingly, it seems our esteemed CEO is in favour, aaaaggghh!!!

But low and behold, Brendan Rodgers at Lista has come out against it. Now, I too am against it, but the fkucing neck on the Colgate smiling gobsh1te!!! Lista, along with the incomprehensible folk from Sandwell and the savages from ‘very small heath’ are fine exponents of the paper clapper, with the latter prefering to eat em and chuck em, you couldn’t make it up. We have to stop this abomination from happening.

Oi, Purslow, NO!!!

Game’s gone.

The fake fan sounds are surely a joke? Or someone could make an app for the armchair fans, so we can press "cheer", "Boo" and sing "Kevin Friend, what a ****er, what a ****er!" 3 standards.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)