+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Millers aiming to raise 2m in share issue

A good point, the Stewarts will have to put in a majority of this £2m to keep their controlling stake.

Also this is just a shareholding of the club itself, R U Estates Limited owns the ground as a separate legal entity.

Interestingly, R U Estates Limited has just 1 share which as of 18 December 2019 is Richard Stewart and not Tony, so he has now transferred ownership to his son. This has been on companies house since end of March.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Looks genuine

According to Companies House Rotherham United Football Club (RUFC) Ltd had up to 7th April 850,004 shares.

After 7th April there are now 2,850,004 ordinary shares at a nominal value of £1 each

Same pie cut into smaller slices
    Actually a bigger pie. Original assets plus the proceeds of the share issue

Interesting that its in response to the downturn caused by coronavirus. Just wondering at the position of finances with both RUFC and the holding company.

Quote Originally Posted by WanChaiMiller View Post
    Interesting that its in response to the downturn caused by coronavirus. Just wondering at the position of finances with both RUFC and the holding company.
    (I have no idea the numbers), but hypothetically if the Stewart's owned 75% of the club, to keep that control in a £2m share issue they'd need to spend £1.5m.

That would give the club an extra £500,000 from new investors - roughly the figure the club is quoted as expecting to lose due to Coronavirus. The numbers do seem to suggest a simple raise to offset the cost of Corona.

Assuming the club has debts to the Stewart's they could immediately pay themselves the £1.5m back, and some keen and wealthier fans get chance to own a piece of the club. All seems quite reasonable.

Just looked, last figures I can see (2016) show shareholders as:
    ASD Lighting: 88.2%
    Ron Hull: 3.9%
    Brian Beckett: 3.9%
    Leslie Wilson: 3.9%

Edit: The clubs website says the cub is 100% owned by ASD Lighting, so I assume that's the newer information, though it may be that the website hasn't been updated.

There may even be a link to the Collins plan to help fund lower league clubs.

The club gets funding only if they sell shares to supporters trusts.

If that is the case then it's a far sighted move by TS and Co.

I will be looking to take an option on this.
    Good sense from the club and I like the idea of playing my part.

Quote Originally Posted by Pocket rocket View Post
    I will be looking to take an option on this.
    Good sense from the club and I like the idea of playing my part.
    I too would be looking at playing my part.
    Unfortunately the shares may have been issued as payment to employees or offered to family members in return for salaries or dividends.
    A good idea to enable the club to reduce its debt or enable employees to buy into the club.
    Last edited by CASPER-64-FRANK; 29-05-2020 at 01:07 PM.

Either step forward mr hull (I keep hearing whispers hes keen) or this could be a worrying development.

As a Miller I'm naturally pessimistic 😐

I put £1000 in to the Millers05 fund for the new stand with promises of % discount ( think it was 10)on life time season tickets and pass it on to a relative after death. Then Denis Coleman cancelled them when he took over with out a kiss my ar*e and a thank you....

Sounds a firmer basis this time but in the Dragons way of thinking,... "I'm out"

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast