+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Millers aiming to raise 2m in share issue

Somewhere I have share certificates I bought when the Booths were in charge. Worth nothing now but nostalgic in a way if I could find them.

ASD Lighting took all 2 million shares at £1 each back in mid April.
    So TS has put another £2M into the club.
    ASD has no debt and the club has no debt, should be reassuring to some people.
    Last edited by CASPER-64-FRANK; 05-06-2020 at 03:23 PM.

Obviously he has to underpin his investment but it's still very generous of him to continue to do with it all infund our hobby.

I think he said the govt may make donations or loans to clubs in trouble but in return the govt wanted a seat on the board and he stated he wasn't keen on that for RUFC.

Buying all the shares and barring new board members suggests he wants total control. Fair enough.

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    Obviously he has to underpin his investment but it's still very generous of him to continue to do with it all infund our hobby.

I think he said the govt may make donations or loans to clubs in trouble but in return the govt wanted a seat on the board and he stated he wasn't keen on that for RUFC.

Buying all the shares and barring new board members suggests he wants total control. Fair enough.
    Yes, understandable that his family want total control at present. Good housekeeping from the club.
    If the Will Vaulks and Semi Ajayi add ons come to fruition then it could help out with cash flow over the next six months.

Quote Originally Posted by CASPER-64-FRANK View Post
    ASD Lighting took all 2 million shares at £1 each back in mid April.
    So TS has put another £2M into the club.
    ASD has no debt and the club has no debt, should be reassuring to some people.
    Is the opening article misleading. Maybe cinverting money already introduced into the into shares to comply with fare play regs?

Quote Originally Posted by WanChaiMiller View Post
    Is the opening article misleading. Maybe cinverting money already introduced into the into shares to comply with fare play regs?
    It could be introducing money already introduced (e.g. Loans) into shares. Either way it does not increase turnover/income for financial fair play purposes

Quote Originally Posted by wrinkly View Post
    It could be introducing money already introduced (e.g. Loans) into shares. Either way it does not increase turnover/income for financial fair play purposes

No it doesn't increase turnover / income.
    It was done to reduce net liabilities on the balance sheet.

I meant converting money introduced to shares

Quote Originally Posted by CASPER-64-FRANK View Post
    Yes, understandable that his family want total control at present. Good housekeeping from the club.
    If the Will Vaulks and Semi Ajayi add ons come to fruition then it could help out with cash flow over the next six months.
    TS himself told me that if WBA get promoted then another 300K ...

Agree Wrinkly. But I thought loans dont count as income in terms of turnover. Converting loans to capital means that it does. If I remember its why Abramovich converted his loans to shares a few years back to bring Chelsea in line with fair play regs.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast