+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: EFL Clubs released players

Only problem I had with Iversen was odd times he was slow coming off his line, rest of his game up to championship quality. I'd get shut of Price let's see what Bilboe can do. Right back, left back & left wide player all needed for starters. Cooper, Lamy & Kayode to kick on next season for us.

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    Only problem I had with Iversen was odd times he was slow coming off his line, rest of his game up to championship quality. I'd get shut of Price let's see what Bilboe can do. Right back, left back & left wide player all needed for starters. Cooper, Lamy & Kayode to kick on next season for us.
    Iversen has been hit and miss for me, I just can’t see him bettering Rodak
    Even though I’d like to see Lamy stay with us I won’t be surprised if he’s goes, possibly a need to sell some to fetch some him.
    I’d also met Kayode go

Rodak improved the more we saw of him. Iverson started well then lost confidence.
    I would have him back if we go up, or even if we don't. From what we saw from other clubs in league 1, he was in the top 3 keepers in the Division
    Others I liked were the shrews keeper and Blackman from bristol
    Last edited by caytonmiller; 31-05-2020 at 11:19 AM.

I agree if it’s only a back up bilboe will do the job just as well. I’m not convinced Iversen is up to the job in championship he has a lot of holes in his game. Struggles to kick a ball up field at times, Iv seen him take a goal kick and kick it out of play.

As for the three young talents coopers not ready for championship in fact I have doubts he’s ready for league 1. Lamy league 1 loan until January he lacks game time and rushing him into championship will kill his confidence same with kayode. Attackers who lack confidence are useless they hesitate second guess themselves which leaves fans shouting “what are you doing shoot ffs” followed by “he’s crap him get rid”

Iversen is not remotely as good as Rodak. If we do go up i'm sure the management will be looking for better options.

Agree about a right-back, left-back and a wide left player.
    Not sure Lamy will be offered a contract, even a short term one.
    Fully expect Dan Barlaser to be here depending which division we're in.

The only reason Lamy his option to extend his contract wouldn't happen it's not on potential it's he won't fit in with Warney's concept of what he sees in a footballer. But if it's the championship next season going to have to go more on ability. If I was Lamy I'd move on if Warney's still the manager. No point stopping were your not wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    Rodak improved the more we saw of him. Iverson started well then lost confidence.
    I would have him back if we go up, or even if we don't. From what we saw from other clubs in league 1, he was in the top 3 keepers in the Division
    Others I liked were the shrews keeper and Blackman from bristol
    Cayton, the best most athletic keeper I saw play against us last season was the Rochdale keeper.
    He had an amazing game collecting all the balls crossed into his area. His shot stopping and kicking ability were also very good.

A cheeky bid perhaps or is he on loan to Rochdale from another club?

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Cayton, the best most athletic keeper I saw play against us last season was the Rochdale keeper.
    He had an amazing game collecting all the balls crossed into his area. His shot stopping and kicking ability were also very good.

A cheeky bid perhaps or is he on loan to Rochdale from another club?
    Robert Sanchez. Spanish lad on loan from Brighton.

I think we might be OK at RB.
    I know Olasunde is better at going forward but with more coaching in his defensive duties then he could step up. Rufc are very good at improving players so I have every faith.
    James Tavernier was in s similar mould and he was very good for us.
    Failing that there's Adam Thompson who I think is a very good defender and certainly has the potential to step up.
    It's a risk because they might get caught out but with budget constraints I'd fill other position s first.
    Defensive midfielder
    Talisman play maker like Jody Morris , Ofoe or Carl Robinson. We stabilised in the division and were able to compete when those three played for us
    Last edited by flourbasher; 01-06-2020 at 10:16 AM.

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast