+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jahmal Hector-Ingram...

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    Hope it's not Marriott still think he's our best striker Martin has done well since he got back in the team . But he did absolutely nothing for the previous two seasons I don't go with he's our only hold up player We got to the playoffs with Rowett without one Play off final without one Martin is a decent but very expensive player Tough call for Cocu
    Factually you are right mista, however, IMO you need to look at the whole picture and not just his goal stats.

Those 2 poor season out on loan coincided with a debilitating illness which robbed him of his strength and stamina. Nobody suffering that illness would have had good seasons. Last season he showed he can still do a very good job for us.

Rowett did get us to the playoffs without a target man. True. But, what has that got to do with the price of baked beans in Kuala Lumpur?

There are sides where it's the right move to play a target man. There are sides where maybe a 2 up top (Waggy/Marriott?) is the best tactic. Cocu might even decide he wants to play with a target man most games. IMO, his 2 poor seasons on loan are irrelevant to today and to next season.

He is an expensive asset, agreed. Whether he is even here next season will depend totally on him taking a wage cut IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Factually you are right mista, however, IMO you need to look at the whole picture and not just his goal stats.

Those 2 poor season out on loan coincided with a debilitating illness which robbed him of his strength and stamina. Nobody suffering that illness would have had good seasons. Last season he showed he can still do a very good job for us.

Rowett did get us to the playoffs without a target man. True. But, what has that got to do with the price of baked beans in Kuala Lumpur?

There are sides where it's the right move to play a target man. There are sides where maybe a 2 up top (Waggy/Marriott?) is the best tactic. Cocu might even decide he wants to play with a target man most games. IMO, his 2 poor seasons on loan are irrelevant to today and to next season.

He is an expensive asset, agreed. Whether he is even here next season will depend totally on him taking a wage cut IMO.
    MA I have not said get rid of him I said Cocu has a hard job deciding does he keep him or let go . Personally I would offer him greatly reduced wage one year contract Since August 2016 he's scored 10Derby league goals and 12 on loan at Reading, Fulham and Hull where we had to subsidise his wages at all three When CM plays well and is interested he's a very good Championship player , but I've seen him an awful lot of not interested games He's a great finisher when his heads right ,seems more interested since Rooney arrived I just hope it's doesn't turn into one of those I will see what's on offer elsewhere before I commit

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    MA I have not said get rid of him I said Cocu has a hard job deciding does he keep him or let go . Personally I would offer him greatly reduced wage one year contract Since August 2016 he's scored 10Derby league goals and 12 on loan at Reading, Fulham and Hull where we had to subsidise his wages at all three When CM plays well and is interested he's a very good Championship player , but I've seen him an awful lot of not interested games He's a great finisher when his heads right ,seems more interested since Rooney arrived I just hope it's doesn't turn into one of those I will see what's on offer elsewhere before I commit
    Absolutely agree with that, mista.
    Another consideration when considering, possibly, which of Martin and Marriott to keep is their fitness records.
    Sadly the DT reports today that Marriott is struggling with a groin strain!
    I know Martin was out for a long time, but at least his illness related fitness issue was about as genuinely horrible as it gets.
    I really do despair where Marriott is concerned...I honestly thought he was a magnificent signing, and he was for about four or five months...but since then it has just been one thing after another. He’s had at least the last two and a half months off and you do have to wonder what’s going on.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Absolutely agree with that, mista.
    Another consideration when considering, possibly, which of Martin and Marriott to keep is their fitness records.
    Sadly the DT reports today that Marriott is struggling with a groin strain!
    I know Martin was out for a long time, but at least his illness related fitness issue was about as genuinely horrible as it gets.
    I really do despair where Marriott is concerned...I honestly thought he was a magnificent signing, and he was for about four or five months...but since then it has just been one thing after another. He’s had at least the last two and a half months off and you do have to wonder what’s going on.
    RA I've always been a Marriott fan but can't believe he's injured again Ten weeks off and you get another groin injury Not like he's been golfing . I used to think Lampard was being hard on him but seems he doesn't like training He's had this groin problem 18mts but as far as I know he's had no operation at all . Think it's time to off load but that will cost us because he's not going to get the same wage anywhere else Pity because he's a natural finisher and you don't get them everyday . Can see him going to Hull where. business is plus he played with Grant Mcann . Somebody is going to get a very good striker our they can straighten him out

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)