+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: The wait goes on ...

Quote Originally Posted by fc_miller View Post
    By relaxing the lock down, and changing to 'stay alert', lots are thinking that the virus is contained and over. Listening to some of the interviews in the news reports (both British and Americans) regarding the current rioting are now talking about the virus in past tense!!

And we’ve got a new buzz phrase that will be plastered all over the media......the “biosecure” stadium

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    McAnthony really has a hate for us, you could see it on his face on sky earlier.

I suppose some don’t handle their green eyed monster very well
    I think that he dislikes us 'cos of many reasons including:
    1. We have achieved promotion to the Championship (more than once) recently without spending/squandering millions, whereas him and his money haven't achieved anything.
    2. We're on track to do it again (check the current league tables).
    3. We gave them a football lesson at Xmas and only narrowly lost out at their place due to a couple of 'fake' refereeing decisions!!
    4. Our manager is not a gob 5hyte and doesn't demand or waste money, unlike some.
    5. Our chairman acts with dignity..........

Quote Originally Posted by Gainsbro_Miller View Post
    1. We have achieved promotion to the Championship (more than once) recently without spending/squandering millions, whereas him and his money haven't achieved anything.
    3. We gave them a football lesson at Xmas and only narrowly lost out at their place due to a couple of 'fake' refereeing decisions!!
    4. Our manager is not a gob 5hyte and doesn't demand or waste money, unlike some.
    Think you’ve nailed it

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy King of the West View Post
    Vote now delayed by a further day (now Tuesday next week is the deadline) as the EFL didnt get the voting papers out on time. Who the f*ck is running the show down there at the EFL?

What an absolute shambles. Somebody, somebody influential is playing for time. And the uncertainty is crippling, both for clubs and fans alike.
    Playing for time? To what end?

Quote Originally Posted by WanChaiMiller View Post
    That's what I cant fathom.

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    https://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/...-hours-2873185

Fake promotion? Chuffin ell. If pboro were to get up now that would be the biggest fake promotion of all time

We've kicked the back side of this disease now and health no longer an issue? How naive is that? ..325 deaths yesterday was it? Nearly 40,000 deaths altogether, still no vaccine..We are still mainly locked down..Yeah well kicked...there is only one thing that wants its ar se kicked...what world does he live in?
    He also says the costs of playing on could have been sorted.
    How? Is he volunteering to pay

He's also been complaining about the delay but he's the one who caused it before Tranmere got the GCSE Statisticians involved

Amusing to see that instead of being sat in front of the obligatory bookcase there is a trophy cabinet behind him in the photo.
    That's got to be for winning the darts competition at his local because Pboro haven't won anything for a very long time.

So the vote is next Tuesday lol. Yeah right

Quote Originally Posted by WanChaiMiller View Post
    I assumed Grumps meant that the closer we get to the end of July deadline set by UEFA then its harder to complete all the outstanding matches. Apologies if this is not correct

So because the EFL clearly don't want any more games to be played this season, if a decent solution was proposed by one of the clubs the EFL could respond by saying great idea but there isn't enough time to play the games. Oops sorry

I think the delay is more down to ineptitude and being weak. Certainly part of the time we've lost anyway
    Last edited by flourbasher; 03-06-2020 at 03:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gainsbro_Miller View Post
    Our manager doesn't waste money? McDonald Clarke Adelakun Koroma wages for starters. Tilt question mark whether he is a sick note or not.

I am not sure whether TS has been on Sky, but I know that they have now interviewed both him and Barry Sty in a short space of time. Now forgive me for being cynical but are our pay to view friends trying to influence things, and if so, why? Peterborough certainly are a smaller club than the Millers (look at the gates and respective stadiums and last 10 years league standings). They have one obvious advantage and that is their geographical position.

In terms of the Tranmere idea, I thought that both the Millers and Coventry are promoted. Obviously tha'ts why their 8 team play-off comes into the equation because the Posh would not get a look in otherwise.

EFL please wake up and smell the Bulls##t.

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    He also says the costs of playing on could have been sorted.
    How? Is he volunteering to pay

He's also been complaining about the delay but he's the one who caused it before Tranmere got the GCSE Statisticians involved

Amusing to see that instead of being sat in front of the obligatory bookcase there is a trophy cabinet behind him in the photo.
    That's got to be for winning the darts competition at his local because Pboro haven't won anything for a very long time.

So the vote is next Tuesday lol. Yeah right
    Not sure what the trophies are for but in the cabinet there's a jar of Marmite just over his right shoulder..............what is the meaning of that I wonder?

or is it just a pantry with a glass door?

Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast