+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 14 of 28 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: The wait goes on ...

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    This one is hilarious and even more desperate than Tranmere,s....

Ipswich Town, who have drifted out of the promotion frame of late, are understood to want final positions decided on those the teams occupied after 22 games when all had played each other Once
    I suppose that includes them that played Bolton kids, shall we kick off about that?

From the Peterboro Telegraph

Rotherham fans just seem to be particularly triggered by the notion that they should actually have to earn promotion.

@petewass

Swanny says: I’m baffled by the angry reaction of Rotherham and Wycombe fans to anyone who dares to suggest they have earned nothing so far. It’s a fact. They haven’t. If I was a fan of either club I’d just admit we’ve been lucky as it’s not the fault of the fans. Instead we are supposed to accept an obviously unjust outcome and ignore the facts that make it so.

If we do end up finishing the season, and I still think we should do our best to, you will not find a more motivated club than Rotherham as the dressing room will be full of Swann’s vitriol. Darragh MacAnthony, Barry Fry and Swann have embarrassed a once decent club.

@Jona77

Swanny says: You’re confusing ‘vitriol’ with actual facts and I’d love to think my comments impact on your club, but I somehow doubt I would be their prime motivation.

The writer suffers from tunnel vision. His criticism of the EFL might be justified, but his vitriol towards Rotherham is not.

@aka_manicmillar

Swanny says: It’s not virtiolic to say Rotherham a) are not certain to finish second if the season is played out (a fact), b) their run-in is a lot harder than Posh’s and other clubs towards the top (opinion, but backed up by league positions), c) they had the jitters when the season was halted (no wins in three games, including two against lowly MK Dons and Rochdale) and d) if they are so confident of automatic promotion why are they voting to end the season (a fair question)?

Great article. It’s a pure farce. The EFL are a joke. Anyone disagreeing is always from Rotherham or Wycombe. I wonder why? I’d never sell, loan or buy a player from these clubs again if I was a club owner.

@CraigDLyons

Just wondering. Did Peterborough ever appear in the top 6?

@mayor_n

Swanny says: Apart from right now you mean? Well yes they were second in December.

A great analysis of what is an outrageous situation.

Peterborough seems to be some sort of refuge for ar5eholes.
    There are loads of things wrong with this "Swanny"s reasoning but I can't be bothered to go through it all again.
    He should read the balanced views in the Doncaster Free Press
    If we do get promotion I will be delighted.
    I will be almost as delighted if Peterborough don't
    Their Chairman, director of football and tame hack have made this personal.

They were 2nd in December and they talk about us having a wobble.

What Tranmere are suggesting on paper sounds feasible however on suggestion that 2 clubs go down because they cannot catch the clubs above them after applying the formula why oh why does that mean we cannot go up automatically? We could still catch Coventry but have to go into playoffs. Yes I know we could be caught but this plan is purely to avoid Tranmere getting relegated and is disguised very cleverly as fair play! 2 out of 3 years we were at the bottom of the table so that also skews the figures.its all cock and bull and I just hope sufficient clubs see it that too. But I have to admit I have my doubts.

Portsmouth are not backing this and it makes sense not to because they will be in a 8 play off rather than 4 so more likely not to win the play offs. The same could be said for the other play off contenders. It's also worth remembering more needs to be played which equals more time needed to play em and time may run out. If I was a chairman of Portsmouth food Wycombe and Oxford I would cut and rum now with the 4 team play off which they ate on about doing first in all the league's.

I just don't see the last 3 seasons thing as being acceptable by the efl because it's so chuffin random. Why not decide it on who has had the best match pies instead it's just as relevant.

Have just had a little bet. Got 50/1 on a triple relegation for Tranmere, Peterborough and Boris Johnson.

Also don’t Tranmere get relegated on alphabetical order? Seriously. Come on AAAARotherham.

Quote Originally Posted by pip_y View Post
    What Tranmere are suggesting on paper sounds feasible however on suggestion that 2 clubs go down because they cannot catch the clubs above them after applying the formula why oh why does that mean we cannot go up automatically? We could still catch Coventry but have to go into playoffs. Yes I know we could be caught but this plan is purely to avoid Tranmere getting relegated and is disguised very cleverly as fair play! 2 out of 3 years we were at the bottom of the table so that also skews the figures.its all cock and bull and I just hope sufficient clubs see it that too. But I have to admit I have my doubts.
    Just to clarify from what I understand. Their formula does not use the actual teams' form over the final games over the past 3 years. It looks at the teams that were in the current positions at this stage of the season and how they ended up. As football is a 'funny old game' past performance should never be used as an indication of future performance so that's why the fairest way (if there is one) is to simply call the season done on a straight ppg earned basis.

Weighed ppg fairest option. Wycombe had played 2 more home games than away when the season was suspended also their away ppg are bout half of their home ppg. I have sympathy for Tranmere. This is hopefully a one off occurrence not a football decision to suspend the season. Can't see why as a one off only the two sides that are as good as down are relegated.

Page 14 of 28 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast