+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 15 of 28 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: The wait goes on ...

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    Weighed ppg fairest option. Wycombe had played 2 more home games than away when the season was suspended also their away ppg are bout half of their home ppg. I have sympathy for Tranmere. This is hopefully a one off occurrence not a football decision to suspend the season. Can't see why as a one off only the two sides that are as good as down are relegated.
    I think unweighted ppg is as fair as weighted. We have been pretty poor at home compared with away this season.Its swings and roundabouts int it? As regards ending the season, yes it is a one off hopefully but while ever you are in the bottom 3 or top 3 you run the risk of going down or up. its up to clubs to make sure that they are always in the right positions during the season. If they aren't they only have themselves to blame eg Tranny and Pboro. Its ok to say you are on a good run of form now but its too little too late. They should have been in better form earlier and they would be in a better position now.

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    I think unweighted ppg is as fair as weighted. We have been pretty poor at home compared with away this season.Its swings and roundabouts int it? As regards ending the season, yes it is a one off hopefully but while ever you are in the bottom 3 or top 3 you run the risk of going down or up. its up to clubs to make sure that they are always in the right positions during the season. If they aren't they only have themselves to blame eg Tranny and Pboro. Its ok to say you are on a good run of form now but its too little too late. They should have been in better form earlier and they would be in a better position now.
    Applies to Barnsley roly & rightly so
    We deserve nowt else, end of

Maybe but I think the piggys and one or 2 other teams should be below you with points deduction. They are much more deserving of relegation

If the championship starts up those point deductions should be added in asap.

How do they know Coventrys form will carry on till end of season.
    Who's to say the Millers form wouldn't pick up.
    Who's to say the one's outside the play-offs and in relegation places will make top two or escape the drop.

Answer : no one, all supposition.

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    If the championship starts up those point deductions should be added in asap.
    That's doubtful cayton, any points deduction could well come next season to give the offenders a better chance.
    EFL are all waffle !!!

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    Weighed ppg fairest option. Wycombe had played 2 more home games than away when the season was suspended also their away ppg are bout half of their home ppg. I have sympathy for Tranmere. This is hopefully a one off occurrence not a football decision to suspend the season. Can't see why as a one off only the two sides that are as good as down are relegated.
    The only reason I don't like weighted ppg is because in doing so they are extrapolating to a 44 game season and again assuming that past performance is a true measure of future performance.

Here's a quick one I did just based on actual performance. What if the season had ended at a point where all the teams had played the same number of home and away games? Looking at the actual games played that would have meant ending after 16 home games (that's the least played by a team - Rochdale) and 15 away games (played by Donny). So basically strike off any points gained in the games played over these numbers and it makes interesting reading. New points followed by (actual points at the time the season ended)

Coventry 58 (67)
    Rotherham 57 (62)
    Portsmouth 56 (60)
    Wycombe 56 (59)
    Sunderland 54 (59)
    Peterborough 52 (59)
    Fleetwood 52 (60)
    Oxford 50 (60)
    Donny 47 (54)

Of course this would lead to the argument that it punishes the in form teams if you take the points from the latest games played as I did.

i like any system that precludes Fleetwood and Posh

Tony S reckons that 15 clubs will vote to end season at next Tuesdays meeting

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Tony S reckons that 15 clubs will vote to end season at next Tuesdays meeting
    Thanks Grist. Please feel free to use the term The Majority.

Page 15 of 28 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast