+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: The wait goes on ...

LOL, you saw that post then but conveniently miss the ones that embarrass you. Love that you think I've got the ability to pull off the KerrAvon account, it simultaneously flatters me and makes you look daft!

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    Maybe the EFL are waiting till clubs go bust ? Maybe they are fed up of keeping the bury type clubs afloat.
    Maybe going forward the English league will be better with 3 pro leagues ? Maybe
    That might be uncannily accurate.

Daft as it seems this could be the event that favours financially run clubs like ours and we become a regular in the Championship with a chance of growing even more.

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    Maybe the EFL are waiting till clubs go bust ? Maybe they are fed up of keeping the bury type clubs afloat.
    Maybe going forward the English league will be better with 3 pro leagues ? Maybe
    Given that we are the only league yet to decide, dont you think the delay is more to do with our owners rather than the EFL.

All things associated with pboro are becoming more bitter and salty by the hour.
    Each article is more of an attack on us than the last.
    I don't understand what their gripe is as they aren't in thel playoffs.
    What's up with them????

https://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/...-third-2868157

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy King of the West View Post
    No, they need the regulation (rule) change authorising otherwise they'd be acting ultra vires (beyond their powers).

The proposals and the order of business all make sense. What I dont understand is the ridiculous timeframe and constant stretching of that timeframe. That makes me suspicious that theres something else at play, which we arent being made aware of.
    I suspect that they are being ultra cautious - making sure that every procedural step is followed to ensure that unhappy clubs can't challenge any rule change upon the basis that there was inadequate consultation or insufficient time to make representations.

Quote Originally Posted by John2 View Post
    I really suspect they're just running down the clock so there is less and less of a chance of season continuing.

Some League One and Two clubs will literally go to the wall if forced to pay to finish the season. The EFL also be expected to help out financially when that happens.

Its incredibly selfish of the Peterborough and other owners to go down the route they have.
    I think you may be right john. Only thing I'd say about that is that if Peterborough suspected that as the "plan" then surely macanthony and fry would be screaming blue murder about the delay. And they're not. 😕

Aren't Tranmere making the most noise about legal action?
    Mark Palios had a proposal where clubs fighting against relegation had a mini competition similar to the play-offs to decide who goes down.
    I suspect that might have put a spanner in the works particularly as some of those clubs have already suggested they can't afford to play on.

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    Aren't Tranmere making the most noise about legal action?
    Mark Palios had a proposal where clubs fighting against relegation had a mini competition similar to the play-offs to decide who goes down.
    I suspect that might have put a spanner in the works particularly as some of those clubs have already suggested they can't afford to play on.
    Agree mellow...
    Clubs can't afford to carry on ... and....it's still not safe yet to do so .

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    I suspect that they are being ultra cautious - making sure that every procedural step is followed to ensure that unhappy clubs can't challenge any rule change upon the basis that there was inadequate consultation or insufficient time to make representations.
    Yes, that's logical kerr. But the anxious part of me keeps questioning why macanthony and fry aren't complaining at the time extensions.

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    All things associated with pboro are becoming more bitter and salty by the hour.
    Each article is more of an attack on us than the last.
    I don't understand what their gripe is as they aren't in thel playoffs.
    What's up with them????

https://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/...-third-2868157
    Lots of grasping at straws. Bitterness because they can't get there own way.
    Laughable The comments about the game in hand for
    Wycombe.
    Wycombe get 1.7 points and the team they should be playing Coventry will get 1.9. how can two teams get 3.6 points when it should be 3 maximum..
    They recon most of the Peterborough chairman bashing has come from South Yorkshire. Haha

Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast