+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 20 of 28 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: The wait goes on ...

Name a better side then gru who would have beaten us to promotion ..... we have won more games than anybody in the league. Scored the 3rd most goals ..so who are better .. Coventry suffered there biggest defeat of the season to us. So did Peterborough... oxford .. suffered there biggest home defeat of the season to us ..so who are they

Quote Originally Posted by DonPageFanClub View Post
    Name a better side then gru who would have beaten us to promotion ..... we have won more games than anybody in the league. Scored the 3rd most goals ..so who are better .. Coventry suffered there biggest defeat of the season to us. So did Peterborough... oxford .. suffered there biggest home defeat of the season to us ..so who are they
    I agree DP,if we were made to complete the fixtures, there is not a better equiped team than us and I think we could have gone on to be champions.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post

Had to laugh at the line "Barry Fry will continue working as part of a skeleton staff"

I'm not fat, I've just got big bones
    Didn't pick up on that Grist.
    Made me chuckle😄

The vengeance tour? They will still finish up mid table. There will be some big hitters in League 1 next year to compete with eg Ipswich, sunderland, maybe portsmouth, all 3 coming down will do well and there are always a couple of surprise teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Operation Vengeance?

Vengeance on whom?

Seems to be just hitting out at employees of Peterborough FC

I can't see their better players "towing the company line" They will be looking for escape clauses in their contracts

Had to laugh at the line "Barry Fry will continue working as part of a skeleton staff"

I'm not fat, I've just got big bones
    Brilliant quote about Barry Fry and skeleton staff Grist, I was going to post something myself about that but you nailed it lol, well it made me laugh anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    The vengeance tour? They will still finish up mid table. There will be some big hitters in League 1 next year to compete with eg Ipswich, sunderland, maybe portsmouth, all 3 coming down will do well and there are always a couple of surprise teams.
    Didn't the chairman say he would step down if Peterborough didn't make the playoffs?

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    Didn't the chairman say he would step down if Peterborough didn't make the playoffs?
    Yeah, but he's not known for his honesty is he ☹

I said when season was suspended especially in defence we didn't look in good shape. It was in the balance if we'd have finished in the top 3. Like on the horses I go on current form. Last 6 games played we were in 10th place, doesn't look good enough to me.

Apart from coming across as it's only Pboro who have suffered he does seem to have calmed down a bit and resigned to their fate.
    Determined to Come back stronger next year. Fair enough.

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    I said when season was suspended especially in defence we didn't look in good shape. It was in the balance if we'd have finished in the top 3. Like on the horses I go on current form. Last 6 games played we were in 10th place, doesn't look good enough to me.
    We had a mini wobble because arguably our best player was injured. Whilst one player doesn't make a team It was no coincidence that our standards dipped.
    Barlasser was due back after we would have trounced Southend.
    Watch how important he is when he comes back next season at a higher level

Page 20 of 28 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast