+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: O/T:- Minneapolis burning

O/T:- Minneapolis burning

Years ago I read a book titled Mississippi Burning, it was based on the screenplay of the film (starring Gene Hackman, Willem Dafoe, Frances McDormand) by the same name (I'm not daft, I ain't going to spell out Mississippi twice).

It seems in the 30 odd years since then nothing has really changed.

So how does (or will) this play out in Trumpland? White guy chokes a submissive black guy to death by kneeling on his throat. White guy says he was in fear for his life. White guy is cleared of all charges and is awarded a commendation for his actions. Forgot to say white guy is a cop, not that that would have any sway!

Fu*k America, that's not who I want to be.

I realise this has become a political post, and that's not who I want to be either.

Take care, stay safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeekay56 View Post
    Years ago I read a book titled Mississippi Burning, it was based on the screenplay of the film (starring Gene Hackman, Willem Dafoe, Frances McDormand) by the same name (I'm not daft, I ain't going to spell out Mississippi twice).

It seems in the 30 odd years since then nothing has really changed.

So how does (or will) this play out in Trumpland? White guy chokes a submissive black guy to death by kneeling on his throat. White guy says he was in fear for his life. White guy is cleared of all charges and is awarded a commendation for his actions. Forgot to say white guy is a cop, not that that would have any sway!

Fu*k America, that's not who I want to be.

I realise this has become a political post, and that's not who I want to be either.

Take care, stay safe.

Very upsetting and not surprised it's kicked off over there. Justice needs to be seen to be done.
    50 years ago to the month since the Kent State massacre when the national guard opened fire on young students protesting against Vietnam, it's always been a sick country.