+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2019 Accounts

2019 Accounts

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/spor...ounts-16187171

They say that Ashley paid for the Advertising but there is no actual figures or confirmation as to how much was paid for the vandalism that is the SD signs?

So I don't believe for a single moment that SD actually paid the club a single pound for all the adverts.

Really glad this fraud will soon be just a horrific memory.

....and finally proof that the ‘every penny’ promise to Rafa was a downright lie. What a great manager he is - a 24 million transfer profit made on an already mediocre squad and still able to compete with some of the best managers in the world with open cheque books.

I would love to see him back with proper backing.

Quote Originally Posted by toptoon View Post
    ....and finally proof that the ‘every penny’ promise to Rafa was a downright lie. What a great manager he is - a 24 million transfer profit made on an already mediocre squad and still able to compete with some of the best managers in the world with open cheque books.

I would love to see him back with proper backing.
    Exactly this. If ever a man was double crossed so much as Rafa was and still was honourable to the end and treated the situation with total dignity as opposed to the evil, greedy untruthful rat, Ashley who wasted chance after chance of success at this club, you simply couldn't make it up.

Quote Originally Posted by ex_pat_magpie View Post
    Exactly this. If ever a man was double crossed so much as Rafa was and still was honourable to the end and treated the situation with total dignity as opposed to the evil, greedy untruthful rat, Ashley who wasted chance after chance of success at this club, you simply couldn't make it up.
    I've been mulling over Poch v Rafa.

The obvious point is that Poch is available - Rafa costs £20m to release.

However when they are talking about a £19m a season salary for Poch and Rafa is currently on £12 in China, on a 4yr contract, if the Club match Rafa's current salary they will have an extra £28m in the budget. So on salary alone bringing Rafa back would £8m cheaper or £2m per season.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragatino View Post
    I've been mulling over Poch v Rafa.

The obvious point is that Poch is available - Rafa costs £20m to release.

However when they are talking about a £19m a season salary for Poch and Rafa is currently on £12 in China, on a 4yr contract, if the Club match Rafa's current salary they will have an extra £28m in the budget. So on salary alone bringing Rafa back would £8m cheaper or £2m per season.
    Good rational. We all know what rafa can do under duress. It would be interesting to see what he could do with both freedom and backing along with unfettered choice.

Agreed.

There has been a lot reported about how Rafa wants to come back.

I'd also point out that didn't Rafa and Stavely have some sort of knowledge of one another and that Rafa's presence was one of reason she looked at us in first place?

Quote Originally Posted by Jammy89 View Post
    Agreed.

There has been a lot reported about how Rafa wants to come back.

I'd also point out that didn't Rafa and Stavely have some sort of knowledge of one another and that Rafa's presence was one of reason she looked at us in first place?
    Correct, Rafa was always a favourite of Amanda.

between the two managers, the glaring stat that seperates them is that Potch has never won anything whereas Rafa has won the lot.

I saw an interview last week which was about the methods of Potch, basically he trains the players so hard, they only have a shelf life of 4 years then they are burnt out. He wanted to move on a lot of his squad at Spurs but Levy dug his heels in.

Potch knew the players were exhausted and thats why their season was a shadow of their last one.

He needs to keep recruiting every 3-4 years and overhaul the squad

Quote Originally Posted by TANYA_ View Post
    between the two managers, the glaring stat that seperates them is that Potch has never won anything whereas Rafa has won the lot.

I saw an interview last week which was about the methods of Potch, basically he trains the players so hard, they only have a shelf life of 4 years then they are burnt out. He wanted to move on a lot of his squad at Spurs but Levy dug his heels in.

Potch knew the players were exhausted and thats why their season was a shadow of their last one.

He needs to keep recruiting every 3-4 years and overhaul the squad
    Agreed about those differences. Where ever Rafa has been he's always been very careful about all of his squad players irrespective of thier capabilities.

He's a very caring man and that's why he gets the best out of them no matter how good or average they are.

Mind, if that is indeed how Poch works then he'd get what he wanted here.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)