+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who Am I Quiz (No 68)

Sergio Aguero

Vinnie Jones

Last couple of clues to see you through Saturday night.

Trevor cherry

Alan mulllery

Franny Lee

Tommy Smith

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    Franny Lee
    Good shout gf.
    Beat me to it...☹️

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    Franny Lee
    Well done GF. That's No 20.

I am Franny Lee

I won all the top domestic honours along with a solitary European one. 2 League Titles, FA Cup, League Cup and European Fairs Cup.

Some consider me a pioneer in one aspect of the game. Diving.

I did my mate a favour but it didn't work out well. As Chairman of Man City I hired Alan Ball as manager and he succeeded in achieving relegation.

I hold a record for the top flight of the English game. Penalties scored in a single season, 15, mostly won by myself using the skill mentioned in clue 2.

I was the very first player to do something for my country, in the same game as a famous foe did it for his. In the 1970 Quarter Final in Mexico Gerd Muller and me were the first players from our respective countries to receive a Yellow card in a World Cup game.

One footballing gentlemen might have said about me, "He's fierce 'n' narly". It's an anagram of my name, Francis Henry Lee. Norman Hunter might have said it after our on pitch fight, fueled by one of my dives.

I was on the pitch when a local lad in a blue shirt pulled off a miracle. Gordon Banks when he made 'that save' against Pele in Mexico '70.

I once had a business outside football that contributed to the game at the time and to much more recent non footballing events. I ran a toilet roll business.

Unpublished clues.

I started my career alongside a lion of the game. At Bolton Wanderers in 1958 when Nat Lofthouse (The Lion of Vienna) was still playing there.

It took 40 years but I finally got a gong from HRH. CBE in 2016, 40 years after I finished playing.

I was wondering a couple of months ago if he still had the bog roll business.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12