+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FAO Alto - Hendricks may be off to AC Milan!

FAO Alto - Hendricks may be off to AC Milan!

Alto I know you will be gutted to know that AC Milan are interesting in signing "Burnley's Republic of Ireland midfielder" Jeff Hendrick on a free transfer.

https://forzaitalianfootball.com/202...international/

Its music to my ears BT, he's come along a bit in his time here, but he's still a fairy in the tackle and certainly in 50 50's he certainly holds back, he's scored some good goals since he's been here, also had a few good games, but he's not consistent enough for me BT, no doubt a few will say he's played out of position by Dyche, for me whether he's in his position or not he's a lightweight, I only hope if he does go we get someone with a lot more bite, aggression and more consistency.

A free transfer????

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    A free transfer????
    Yes ---his contract expires on 30 June 2020 so he is a free agent.

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    A free transfer????
    The club have been trying for almost a year to sort out an extension, but Hendrick did not want to know. A lot of Burnley fans share Alto's point of view and "sources" say Jeff does not feel welcome at Turf Moor by the fans. We already bought his replacement in January, but it's pity we have spunked the thick end of 11 million with no return on a transfer fee for Hendrick..

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    The club have been trying for almost a year to sort out an extension, but Hendrick did not want to know. A lot of Burnley fans share Alto's point of view and "sources" say Jeff does not feel welcome at Turf Moor by the fans. We already bought his replacement in January, but it's pity we have spunked the thick end of 11 million with no return on a transfer fee for Hendrick..
    BT--I think that is a little unfair on Jeff Hendrick. He has played in 122 PL matches out of a possible 137 since his transfer to us. He was suspended for 3 of those games after his unfortunate dismissal at Watford in his first season. He has fulfilled his contractual obligations to the full and that has been in a somewhat hostile environment with many fans constantly carping about him.
    This season we have 39 points from 29 games and Jeff has played in 24 of those games and we have obtained 36 points in those games.
    Yes, we don't get anything back, however, he doesn't owe us anything. That's football.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    BT--I think that is a little unfair on Jeff Hendrick. He has played in 122 PL matches out of a possible 137 since his transfer to us. He was suspended for 3 of those games after his unfortunate dismissal at Watford in his first sea aw son. He has fulfilled his contractual obligations to the full and that has been in a somewhat hostile environment with many fans constantly carping about him.
    This season we have 39 points from 29 games and Jeff has played in 24 of those games and we have obtained 36 points in those games
    Yes, we don't get anything back, however, he doesn't owe us anything. That's football.
    I think that’s fair Sub tbh ,

i do feel for Geoff a bit tbh as he s a central midfielder but hasn’t really being used there in the time he’s been with us.

For me he’s an honest pro who looks after himself and hasn’t let us down many times.

However I take altos point regarding pulling out of challenges and being lightweight ,

But then again if he had that in his Locker We’d have paid him s money and fought harder to keep
    Him
    Last edited by army88; 31-05-2020 at 02:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    BT--I think that is a little unfair on Jeff Hendrick. He has played in 122 PL matches out of a possible 137 since his transfer to us. He was suspended for 3 of those games after his unfortunate dismissal at Watford in his first season. He has fulfilled his contractual obligations to the full and that has been in a somewhat hostile environment with many fans constantly carping about him.
    This season we have 39 points from 29 games and Jeff has played in 24 of those games and we have obtained 36 points in those games.
    We pay him £40k a week to play football. In reality, I am carping about how the CEO and SD allow players to go out on free transfers. If the lad is not happy and it is rumoured he has been for a while we should have cashed in on him last season. We have also haemorrhaged money on Gibson and Hart and allowing Hendrick to leave for nowt is bad business. Plain & simple.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    We pay him £40k a week to play football. In reality, I am carping about how the CEO and SD allow players to go out on free transfers. If the lad is not happy and it is rumoured he has been for a while we should have cashed in on him last season. We have also haemorrhaged money on Gibson and Hart and allowing Hendrick to leave for nowt is bad business. Plain & simple.
    BT --now you are being unfair. To compare Jeff, who has earned his money at the club, with two players who, through various circumstances, have not been able to fulfil their obligations, is bad form.
    You have to remember that football is only a game ---Hendrick has totally fulfilled his contractual obligations by playing games of football and earning what he agreed to accept when he signed his contract. He is at the end of his contract this month and will move on.
    Bad business does not come into at as far as he is concerned.
    We could have got rid last season, got some money for him, however, we had Brady, recovering from injury, Lennon, in and out for various niggles, Joey, also in and out with various niggles and these have continued ---who has filled the gaps? Has he done the job that his manager asked of him? Will he be missed when he has gone?

I remember Dean Marney getting needless stick for a couple of seasons before he was injured and fans suddenly realised what an important cog he was in the machinery. As I said, Hendrick has fulfilled his obligations, in spite of getting needless stick and I do not blame him one bit for moving on. He knows that he will make plenty of Burnley fans very happy when he goes so everybody wins and Brownhill gets his chance to shine.

When's last season BT?.Are we in it now or will we be when it re-starts.Very odd times ,hopefully when this year's new season starts some form of normality will return.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)