+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FAO Alto - Hendricks may be off to AC Milan!

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    BT --now you are being unfair. To compare Jeff, who has earned his money at the club, with two players who, through various circumstances, have not been able to fulfil their obligations, is bad form.
    You have to remember that football is only a game ---Hendrick has totally fulfilled his contractual obligations by playing games of football and earning what he agreed to accept when he signed his contract. He is at the end of his contract this month and will move on.
    Bad business does not come into at as far as he is concerned.
    We could have got rid last season, got some money for him, however, we had Brady, recovering from injury, Lennon, in and out for various niggles, Joey, also in and out with various niggles and these have continued ---who has filled the gaps? Has he done the job that his manager asked of him? Will he be missed when he has gone?

I remember Dean Marney getting needless stick for a couple of seasons before he was injured and fans suddenly realised what an important cog he was in the machinery. As I said, Hendrick has fulfilled his obligations, in spite of getting needless stick and I do not blame him one bit for moving on. He knows that he will make plenty of Burnley fans very happy when he goes so everybody wins and Brownhill gets his chance to shine.
    You are knocking against an open door here Supersub6. I think Hendrick has been a valuable asset and I have seen him have some blinders. Alto and myself have had many arguments about the lad on here, I have always had high regard for him and I think it a scandal we have allowed him to leave for nowt.

Attachment 15920

Hendick to AC Milan.....that caused me rapid blinking , spluttering and much chuckles.....If I believed it, I'd have to feel sad for them, desperate times ?!?

I remember Leeds fans thinking Fergie was bonkers for giving them a million quid for Eric Cantona. They are not laughing now Norder.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I remember Leeds fans thinking Fergie was bonkers for giving them a million quid for Eric Cantona. They are not laughing now Norder.
    chalk and cheese - BT....and as you well know) there's been many a duffer that've had big money laid out on them. I just can't see any reason why ACM would want him - zippy nippy football, needing quick reactions, sharp thinking and crafty movement....not the slow, rigid and humdrum flatness they'd get from one of Hendicks level....nah , am not having it.

Does seem odd but they get him for no fee.Good luck to the lad,nice lucrative way to spend the latter years of your career if you can get it.Learn a new language as well.

Not that it matters but he is one of the most personable and likeable blokes in the changing room.

Reading in the paper today that SD is not happy that only one month contract extensions have been offered to five players and that they will be free from 23 June to negotiate with other clubs. It defies logic that, if there are particular players who he would definitely like to stay for another year, they are not being offered contracts!

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    Reading in the paper today that SD is not happy that only one month contract extensions have been offered to five players and that they will be free from 23 June to negotiate with other clubs. It defies logic that, if there are particular players who he would definitely like to stay for another year, they are not being offered contracts!
    They will already have made their minds up about whether they intend to discuss terms with other clubs. The one month extension is just so we can play them through this corona malarkey. Hart can do one. Lennon can do one. Hendrick has already done one! Bardsley will stay, no doubt about that. Who is the other one?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    They will already have made their minds up about whether they intend to discuss terms with other clubs. The one month extension is just so we can play them through this corona malarkey. Hart can do one. Lennon can do one. Hendrick has already done one! Bardsley will stay, no doubt about that. Who is the other one?
    Bardsley is one of the players that SD is most unhappy about because they have only offered him a one month extension and he wants him on board for another season. The one you have missed out is Adam Legzdins.

Quote Originally Posted by Claret_Matelot View Post
    Not that it matters but he is one of the most personable and likeable blokes in the changing room.
    ....matters plenty - CM.....as nothing worse than a repellent ass with super ace abilities.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)