+ Visit England Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: When West Ham won the world cup.

When West Ham won the world cup.

Hence the date on my username.
    I was not even born then but i watched earlier the highlights of the game and her majesty (Massive West Ham fan) and loved a cup of tea with Bobby Moore .
    Just wondered if you lot on here attended the game or watched it on tv and got any memories of the day
    Last edited by Tricky1966; 30-05-2020 at 03:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tricky1966 View Post
    I was not even born then but i watched earlier the highlights of the game and her majesty (Massive West Ham fan) and loved a cup of tea with Bobby Moore .
    Just wondered if you lot on here attended the game or watched it on tv and got any memories of the day

Evening Tricky...I was 16 years old and of course watched the match on TV. I remember watching Gordon Banks, George Cohen, Ray Wilson, Jack and Bobby Charlton, Alan Ball, Nobby Stiles,Roger Hunt and 3 others that I can’t remember their names.....it must be old age setting in!

Good evening Frenchie,

I only went to the old Wembley twice as a ****ager and standing in a crowd of 100 thousand was amazing .
    the thought of football behind closed is sad

Good evening Frenchie,

I only went to the old Wembley twice as a youngster and standing in a crowd of 100 thousand was amazing .
    the thought of football behind closed doors is sad
    Last edited by Tricky1966; 30-05-2020 at 06:21 PM.

Sad indeed....and for how long?

I am sure that there was a similar thread some time ago?

When West Ham won the League!
    Tricky00

I actually had a conversation with someone around 5 years back and we talked about most of the money in the premier league comes from television income.
    We then saw a future when clubs would sell their stadiums off to real estate and play all their games at a national stadium.
    It don't sound so crazy now
    Last edited by Tricky1966; 31-05-2020 at 04:26 PM.

I can remember having a pint and a chat with Jimmy Case when he was at Brighton in the eighties. He thought that in future some of the wealthier players would be buying football clubs. I cannot see that happening in this country now, although Beckham has done so in the States.