+ Visit Carlisle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Should Pluto be re-instated as a planet?

Should Pluto be re-instated as a planet?

Should it f­uck. There are several other objects out there that are at least the size of tiny Pluto, and they are Dwarf Planets, so Pluto has to remain a Dwarf Planet. It is hypothesised that there is also a substantial planet way out there. It cannot yet be proved but judging by the orbital behaviour of other objects out there (influenced by something that is large) it is highly likely.

I take a keen interest in astronomy, and you are right, something out there is influencing objects. By diverting celestial paths its only a matter of time before one is diverted into the earth.

Thanks for reminding me, mind you I am old, who cares.

Are you familiar with the work of any of these?
    Freeman Dyson
    Frank Drake
    Enrico Fermi
    Professor Paul Davies
    Brian Greene
    Seth Shostak
    Jill Tarter

Do you think that beneath the icy surfaces of Enceladus and Europa in the alleged water there may be tiny things wriggling around?

Now that the Chinese FAST (Five Hundred Meter Aperture Spherical Telescope) is properly plugged in, calibrated, fully tested etc is it time for everyone else currently in the game to seek jobs in other fields of endeavour?
    https://www.latestly.com/social-vira...s-1793501.html
    Last edited by 6EQUJ5; 01-06-2020 at 10:40 PM.

I follow astronomy through documentaries. I have heard of Shostack. Of course there is life on other planets. What limits our ability to find it is our ignorance, and poor technology.

Using a football analogy, humankind is the North west counties league div 2. What does scare me is that we cant look after this planet never mind another. If we are able to get off this planet we will trash the next one, like a corona virus.

Maybe high tech will reveal itself to us if we are able to save ourselves, and we can roam the near universe as enlightened beings. There is never a moment when work and progress needs to be done, and we have done it. Can we do it again. ? Over and over?

I follow astronomy through public lectures by the likes of Seth Shostak on YouTube. Occasionally he uses his dry wit, it is an English style.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YihavT8X5ko&t=2961s

Michelle Thaller regularly appears on documemtaries, she has this energy that shines like the sun. At the end of her speech she ALWAYS gives a loving smile, not in a arnt I a clever so and so, but in a genuine love of knowledge.

She isn't attractive, but she is, if you understand.

Name:  michelle-thaller-a0e8f621-137e-4be8-98d7-953ec6c0281-resize-750.jpg
Views: 123
Size:  8.3 KB

I still would.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)