+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2019/20 and what it means to the Millers

2019/20 and what it means to the Millers

From this week's Advertiser.

https://bit.ly/2XJfFI4

Extract from the Coventry Telegraph :

Extract: “Should League One clubs decide that they can continue, Coventry City will likely return to training mid-way through June with the league season resuming in mid-July.
    That will give clubs only three weeks to complete their final nine games and a four-team play-off”

I don’t even need to see the need for a vote. Even those who want to play on surely can see that it is impossible for professional athletes to undertake such a ridiculous itinerary.

Assume this was agreed on 8th June that would mean 4 WEEKS TRAINING.

So as an example bearing in mind we have 9 games left and the season has to be over by 31st July, let me apply that to the above Based on 2 games per week :

Game 1 Saturday 4th July
    Game 2 Tuesday/Wed 7th/8th July
    Game 3 Saturday 11th July
    Game 4 Tuesday/Wednesday 14th/ 15th July
    Game 5 Saturday 18th July
    Game 6 Tuesday/Wednesday 21st/22nd July
    Game 7 Saturday 25th July
    Game 8 Tuesday/Wednesday 28th/29th July
    Game 9 Fri 31st July
    Then for those in the play offs:
    First leg straight after game
    Second leg straight after the first leg
    Final - early hours of 1st August

Alternatively:

Game 1 Saturday 4th July
    Game 2 Tuesday/Wed 7th/8th July
    Game 3 Friday 10th July
    Game 4 Monday 13th July
    Game 5 Thursday 16th July
    Game 6 Sunday 19th July
    Game 7 Wednesday 22nd July
    Game 8 Saturday 25th July
    Game 9 Tuesday 28th July
    Then for those in the play offs - Rock Paper Scissors.....thereby preserving the integrity of the game.
    Last edited by Nardendee; 31-05-2020 at 04:15 PM.

Great article Paul - you get what this club and its management is about and it comes across - never anti anyone, but always pro the club - thank you

Quote Originally Posted by sawmiller View Post
    Great article Paul - you get what this club and its management is about and it comes across - never anti anyone, but always pro the club - thank you
    Well said. Best Millers reporter I've known in 40 years

It won't happen. Bear in mind I hear Lincoln have already released a lot of players any clubs playing them now will have an unfair advantage. It would be farcical now to carry on.

The good thing for us now is Oxford ports and fwood are likely to go for the season ending because if they don't they could risk the season not ending and no play offs with Wycombe going up in 3rd. At least the play offs will give them a chance. We are almost there but it dunt pay to get too cocky

Another point is that any tight schedule of games would probably lead to more injuries tiredness etc. The club's with the but he squads ie richer clubs would have an unfair advantage

That should Read bigger squads

this is what one of the Doncaster Rovers reporters thinks about the situation.
    Whilst he avoids even mentioning us by name ( maybe too painful for him) the views on our involvement in the mud slinging might surprise a few.
    I know Paul Davis has read it and endorses the opinion

https://www.doncasterfreepress.co.uk...column-2869911

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    this is what one of the Doncaster Rovers reporters thinks about the situation.
    Whilst he avoids even mentioning us by name ( maybe too painful for him) the views on our involvement in the mud slinging might surprise a few.
    I know Paul Davis has read it and endorses the opinion

https://www.doncasterfreepress.co.uk...column-2869911
    A good well balanced write up there. Pity certain members of the Pboro press couldn't see the situation like that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast