+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 20th of June

Quote Originally Posted by ozleeds View Post
    I know you are teasing but in reality, I have that fear in me and was hoping it wouldn't restart lol.
    Still long way off anything can happen in a month.

I'm hearing from a variety of sources that recent 'talks' with our co- owners (the 49 ers)who stumped up £11 million to bolster Rad's decreasing cash flow access at a time when he was reduced to using coins sourced from under his sofas are progressing positively.Yep,they did buy in with the option to increase their holding and now via talks have been flexing their muscle it appears.
    Surely from their point of view in owning a PL club there cannot be many better investment opportunities in world sport outside the NFL that their already into.
    Glancing at their recent activity https://www.cbinsights.com/investor/49ers-enterprises it'll be odds on that the Leeds ownership option is being in no doubt contested behind the 'lockdown' scenes with QSI not presently leading the race...............

Mmm .... my problem is where would this leave Bielsa presently alone in Wetherby ?
    A summer of 'discontent' ownership wise,Management wise and last but not least player in's & out's wise - remember this is Leeds United where Up's go in tandem with Downs regarding all who opt to follow the mighty Leeds United merry go round .........

Not a negative post for all fans but a honest warning that our clubs future traffic light is on flashing orange,IMO.

MOT

As if we haven't got enough to worry about with the season resuming in 17 days time, oh and that other little thing that's still hanging around.....oh yeah, covid.

Quote Originally Posted by norfolk white View Post
    As if we haven't got enough to worry about with the season resuming in 17 days time, oh and that other little thing that's still hanging around.....oh yeah, covid.

Plenty still to look forward too surely NW .............. trips to Great Yarmouth beach ?
    Thought you'd be 'chomping at the bit' NW at the news your local Primark will be reopening and that your local councils splashing out thousands on a feasibility study into turning the old Colmans site into something special for you Norfolk Broads folks - keep positive.
    If they build a lake I'll come over and teach 'yer how to kite surf in your new Primark budgie smuggler trunks so you'll be ready to surf the Yarmouth summer waves ... before settling down watching us in the PL.

MOT & Stay SAFE !

That certainly doesn't look like Yarmouth beach or Cromer Mrs o, been furloughed since end of march so my primary budgie smugglers might be a little too comfy at the moment, can't wait for the 20th really and get the old butterflies going again as we pass my local side like ships in the night.

But will it really restart given all the recent black lives matter demo's in London where 1000's rubbed shoulders and the braindead ass-wipes who thinks its cool to not bothering isolating 2 metres apart while packing out beaches around the country???

IF this Virus is as contagious as the medical experts say it is then I would imagine a sh1t load of cases in the next 2-3 weeks.

Hope I am wrong as I just want us to finish the season but it all looks very iffy to me

Good points Rev.
    A substantial number of BAME players are believed to have expressed strong concerns to the players’ union over a return. The Watford captain Deeney has said he will not be joining club training because of health concerns.

Data from the UK Office for National Statistics suggests that black people are more than 4 times more likely to die from Covid 19 than white people.

I'll just add that in France the beach is open for exercise and you can enter the sea to swim,surf & boat etc but you CANNOT sunbathe or sit in groups presently on it.So that enables me to surf,kayak,swim & run.

Also cafes/bars are now also open with strict social distance rules too - so quiz nights are ok but not table top football in our local Tabac.Its a safe start to matters that hopefully the UK may follow but at least it's possible to have social glass of wine with folks of my community safely.

MOT & Stay safe folks.

Lots of spanners being thrown in the works by several clubs, all looking at their own agenda, mainly the finances are an issue, I'll be amazed if we actually resume, just read all the stuff the premier league teams will have to go to before they even get on to the pitch, in the end you think why bother, let's just stop it now, then have another 3 months of bickering and arguments about promotion and relegation.

Quote Originally Posted by MrsORichSenior View Post
    Good points Rev.
    A substantial number of BAME players are believed to have expressed strong concerns to the players’ union over a return. The Watford captain Deeney has said he will not be joining club training because of health concerns.

Data from the UK Office for National Statistics suggests that black people are more than 4 times more likely to die from Covid 19 than white people.

I'll just add that in France the beach is open for exercise and you can enter the sea to swim,surf & boat etc but you CANNOT sunbathe or sit in groups presently on it.So that enables me to surf,kayak,swim & run.

Also cafes/bars are now also open with strict social distance rules too - so quiz nights are ok but not table top football in our local Tabac.Its a safe start to matters that hopefully the UK may follow but at least it's possible to have social glass of wine with folks of my community safely.

MOT & Stay safe folks.
    If all people do the right thing this will go away but as we know humans are humans and that won't be possible. While all over the world as an example Horse racing greyhounds harness (trots ) were cancelled here in Australia they have been going nonstop because people in those industries did and still do what was asked of them and not one single case of COVID has shown up. All these idiots going to the beach protesting and do same sort of things well no words can describe them. This virus would have been knocked on the head by now if people just did the right thing.

Lots of spanners being thrown in the works by several clubs, all looking at their own agenda, mainly the finances are an issue, I'll be amazed if we actually resume, just read all the stuff the premier league teams will have to go to before they even get on to the pitch, in the end you think why bother, let's just stop it now, then have another 3 months of bickering and arguments about promotion and relegation.
    All sports clubs will feel the financial side of the game and some won't survive. While sport is slowly starting here already tv rights deals have surfaced with Rugby Australia with no tv deals and the other codes losing money from tv rights as they refuse to honor deals made which is in there right as they have had nothing to show and therefore income has taken a hit. Company sponsors are already falling away cause they can't take the hits this virus has caused. Like Mrs. O sais if it wasn't for the American company pumping money in the club we probably would not be talking about promosion but survival of Leeds United.

Anyone thinking this virus will just go away by hiding indoors is dilusional, it wasnt a cure and was never designed to be, just a means of staggering the cases so that underfunded inept health systems could catch up.
    Also rediculous that everyone has bought into this madness that your gonna die if you step outside your front door. Amazing how many people believe the bollox they read on social media and bias news outlets all with their hidden agendas. World's gone mad.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)