+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: 20th of June

Wished my stomach still looked that.

Quote Originally Posted by spaldy View Post
    Wished my stomach still looked that.

Anyone can have a flat tummy ..............

My Dad used to take my three brothers & I regularly to the Irish boxers gym in Leeds and we were always taught the importance of the 'core muscles' from young.

(The core muscles have two main functions - to spare the spine from excessive load and to transfer force from the lower body to the upper body and vice versa. Having a strong, stable core helped us to prevent injuries and allowed us to perform at our best)

Bielsa's training methods include a lot of 'core muscle' work .......... so it's worth finding the time to do those ab-crunches whatever age.As I got nearer 40 I spent a lot of time in Henry Whartons boxing gym when I lived in York targeting my ab's which helped my road cycling which is another concept that Bielsa uses with Leeds players who he regularly puts 'em on bikes around rural TA ........... so many people of all ages today simply do not stand up straight & have limited flexibility because they don't exercise their tummies - and come Cardiff there will be a few on 'ere who'll wish they could tighten certain lower 'core muscles' no doubt ...........

MOT

Quote Originally Posted by MrsORichSenior View Post
    'Life's a Beach' mate ...... trouble is 'tho at 55 'life's a bitch' keeping fit & trim !

......... how many laps can you do around Harrogate Stray then nowadays ?

I keep in A1 peak fitness by another forms of Exercise, by looking at you if you stay out in that sun anymore,
    you,ll be showing your passport more than once when entering the port of Calais.?

Quote Originally Posted by hgatenasty View Post
    I keep in A1 peak fitness by another forms of Exercise, by looking at you if you stay out in that sun anymore,
    you,ll be showing your passport more than once when entering the port of Calais.?
    Funny thing is I hold two passports as I've duel citizenship already with the further option to get Irish citizenship as my Mums from Ireland ............... depending on Brexit next year could see me with Russian citizenship if I apply and spend enough days there.

Only problems I encounter are at Dunkirk Uk passport control usually 'cos of my car having flashing red indicators instead of UK's legal Amber ones where I'm given a caution if my Amber stick over ones are not fitted but hey ho the life & strife of following Leeds is worth a ticking off when asked to give a quick flash of my bulbs.

Stay safe & fit - MOT

Thanks for the info.

Unfortunately missing some nerves in the core muscles. Better than the alternative of death by cancer but still a loss. Managed to keep the legs and arms strong but it's never the same without the core muscles. You are correct. without those you just can't fully develop your full fitness level.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)