+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: League2 What is the future?

League2 What is the future?

According to todays latest news on the official site Dave Artell does not know what league we will be playing in next season. From his comments it sounds like the Boards of all the League2 clubs have given the EFL carte blanche in making decisions. Appears like all the Boards have agreed to terminate this season without having the slighest knowledge of what would be decided, and the precise format. This truly is unreal if true. No wonder League1 clubs are holding off their decisions.

Once again it sounds like "As long as the Premiership and Championship are ok to hell with the rest". Personally I have always been concerned about the EFL`s lack of clarity.

I think Dave is just being cautious and, reading between the lines, expects us to be in L1. Personally I think the EFL have been very clear in setting out that there will be promotion, relegation and play offs; it’s also clear that the Championship and L2 have expressed their preference ( by a large majority in both cases) but L1 is still anyone’s guess. A very good point was made by the Pompey CEO that that division contains a mix of big and small clubs, unlike the other divisions, and that unanimity is highly unlikely as a result. They will have to bite the bullet sooner or later or the EFL will just tell them. I still reckon their season is over but they will have to decide soon or the alternative will be too late.

On the subject of the official site I wish they would get a competent proof reader. We know that Dave is an intelligent man, albeit with an eccentric turn of phrase, and he is quoted as saying that ‘persevering human life is the first priority’. We know he said preserving but it does make the club (And Dave) look foolish when they publish such nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by AstonAlex View Post
    I think Dave is just being cautious and, reading between the lines, expects us to be in L1. Personally I think the EFL have been very clear in setting out that there will be promotion, relegation and play offs; it’s also clear that the Championship and L2 have expressed their preference ( by a large majority in both cases) but L1 is still anyone’s guess. A very good point was made by the Pompey CEO that that division contains a mix of big and small clubs, unlike the other divisions, and that unanimity is highly unlikely as a result. They will have to bite the bullet sooner or later or the EFL will just tell them. I still reckon their season is over but they will have to decide soon or the alternative will be too late.

On the subject of the official site I wish they would get a competent proof reader. We know that Dave is an intelligent man, albeit with an eccentric turn of phrase, and he is quoted as saying that ‘persevering human life is the first priority’. We know he said preserving but it does make the club (And Dave) look foolish when they publish such nonsense.
    I noticed that too. I think they just use a spell checker (sometimes) The best was a few years ago when describing Steve Phillips. They meant to say a workaholic.but it came out as alcoholic lol

I think I have made MANY comments on here about proofreading, not only of the website, but also the programme. That illustrious publication referred to a Mr Bryon Moore for at least two seasons!!!!

Yes, grammar is areal bugbear for a pedant like me! I quite accept that quoting a manager or player will lead to apparent errors but there is no excuse for some of the stuff we get presented with - reminds me of my old German teacher’s indiscretions... but she had the excuse of coming from Bremen!

Maybe we can keep a list to keep us going until next season.