+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: OT Pigeon Racing

Did you also know that the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow is something like 20.1 miles per hour or 9 meters per second

But, what if the swallow was laden by, say, carrying a coconut to Europe? Is this viable?

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    Did you also know that the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow is something like 20.1 miles per hour or 9 meters per second

But, what if the swallow was laden by, say, carrying a coconut to Europe? Is this viable?
    If the coconut is from a non EU country, the swallow will need EORI number and a commodity code. Said goods would have to be presented for inspection at customs. The 9 m/s will fall significantly.

That depends the said coconut has had the milk removed or not If it has then the unladen weight would have been less . Therefore the airspeed velocity would have been greater than a laden coconut would have So there should be two separate records laden and unladen

If it was a Tesco's Finest coconut, he'd crash into the Channel. If it was a Waitrose Essentials coconut, he'd overshoot and land in New Zealand.

This depends on where the coconut is imported from and if it comes into an EU country.

In order to find a coconut small enough for a European swallow to haul, it would need to be imported from India. Let's say it comes into Switzerland, then it will be subject to the MEIS scheme, rather than EORI.

These procedures are simpler, thus the airspeed velocity may not be impaired as much as you suspect TTR

This depends on where the coconut is imported from and if it comes into an EU country.

In order to find a coconut small enough for a European swallow to haul, it would need to be imported from India. Let's say it comes into Switzerland, then it will be subject to the MEIS scheme, rather than EORI.

These procedures are simpler, thus the airspeed velocity may not be impaired as much as you suspect TTR
    That could be true, but would it conform to EU regulations of symmetry? If the coconut was not deemed true spherical, rather a compressed geodesic orb, then it's aero dynamic properties would change drag performance and the velocity of said swallow would be impaired. The same could be said involving the difference in air density across Europe. To declare a swallow travelling at a pre determined velocity with said coconut is false.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Have to disagree mista.

The majority of fox hunters just want blood, much like the "spectators" at the Colisseum in Roman times. So much so that, should the intended victim "out-fox" the hounds and go to ground, the upper class ****s of hunters get their spades out and dig the fox out of the ground so the hound can rip it to shreds.

It is not my idea of sport. It is currently banned and I sincerely hope that it stays that way.
    Technically banned, but the loopholes are so big that it still continues which is appalling.

I'm ambivalent about fishing, its enjoyed by many and is accessible to all incomes, I guess if your convinced its cruel to fish then theres an argument, but the evidence suggests its not.

Looks like we have that rarest of things, a forum consensus against foxhunting. I'm no lover of foxes but just hate the arrogance of the men in pink.

My brother farms in hunting country and had banned the hunt from his land years ago before it was outlawed for their flagrant disregard for growing crops and for destroying them.

To cap it off, one time he had his 3 kids, then 8 and under, playing in their own garden and the *******s chased a fox across his farm and into said garden churning up the lawn and with a pack of baying dogs in the heat of the chase. scaring the **** out of the kids.

They were unrepentant but generously offered 2 free tickets for their annual horserace event as compensation.

A friend of his had the right idea - he would go out on hunting days with a rifle doing pest control. If he saw the hunt in pursuit, he just shot the fox. The gentlemen were not amused that their "sport" had been spoiled.

So if it flies into the UK after 31/12/2019 it will be on WTO rules

Looks like we have that rarest of things, a forum consensus against foxhunting. I'm no lover of foxes but just hate the arrogance of the men in pink.

My brother farms in hunting country and had banned the hunt from his land years ago before it was outlawed for their flagrant disregard for growing crops and for destroying them.

To cap it off, one time he had his 3 kids, then 8 and under, playing in their own garden and the *******s chased a fox across his farm and into said garden churning up the lawn and with a pack of baying dogs in the heat of the chase. scaring the **** out of the kids.

They were unrepentant but generously offered 2 free tickets for their annual horserace event as compensation.

A friend of his had the right idea - he would go out on hunting days with a rifle doing pest control. If he saw the hunt in pursuit, he just shot the fox. The gentlemen were not amused that their "sport" had been spoiled.
    I

Geoff I'm with you about the men in pink , their arrogance and sense of entitlement has no bounds Fox hunting is barbaric and belongs as history . But I will be surprised if we get through this parliament without even a vote on bringing it back

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)