+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Retained list

...And another thing! A lot of our 'young stars' come up for renewal next year, so they need tying down NOW as I imagine no-one will make a move for someone who has less than 6 months left on their contract. 'Bigger clubs' can play a better/ longer game of negotiating price knockdowns than we can do the opposite.

Apparently Porter will be offered a contract, Green no and Hunt no but he was going to pack up last season according to Chronc

Quote Originally Posted by out0lunch View Post
    Apparently Porter will be offered a contract, Green no and Hunt no but he was going to pack up last season according to Chronc
    Yes I saw Pete Morse's story - Hunty did say last summer he thought long and hard about retiring - then played a lot of games by Christmas of course!

Just as well he did or we would not be top of the League...... pending of course!

So when will we hear officially? The season has officially ended today, so hopefully later today/tomorrow?

I don’t think that Dave will hang around, it’s not his style.

And he didn’t hang around! Or make any surprising or disappointing decisions.

Good luck to all those released, particularly Shaun, Paul and Nicky for their significant contributions over the years.

No real surprises, no. Clearly Eddie Nolan like Ryan Wintle must have been given a new contract during the year, though i missed that. Good to know though. As suspected, Lewis Reilly has had his chance - so with the loanees gone, plus Shaun & Lewis, even assuming Ports signs up, we must be in the market for new forwards this summer - for whenever they can play! I do hope we're offering Michael Nottingham a contract - more than happy to see him at CH in League 1. We've yet to see Regan Griffiths in a first team shirt but they must see something coming through as this is his second new contract without making his debut!

Puzzled by it saying Aaron Lomas was released, didn't know he was on a contract!

I also heard that Connor Heath had potential. As I asked earlier in this post, has anyone any lowdown on what is coming through the upper reaches of the academy?

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    I also heard that Connor Heath had potential. As I asked earlier in this post, has anyone any lowdown on what is coming through the upper reaches of the academy?
    Not sure about what is coming through our academy, only 3 have been offered contracts but there are 4 players who have not figured much in the first team who came through our academy and have been offered new contracts, Griffiths, Adebisi, Johnson and Lundstrum (contract ext. triggered) this will be there second professional contract so the club probably have high hopes that these 4 could make it. Remember these names and see how they progress in the next couple of seasons. The present and the future looks bright.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast