+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Maccesfield charged again

Maccesfield charged again

Macclesfield Town have been issued with further misconduct charges by the English Football League, relating to the payment of salaries due in March.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52880611

I am pretty sure this is what the EFL are trying to do. Either push Macc so they replace Stevenage or advise that both clubs will go down. With 3 up.

The fat lady is Making her way to the stage

Quote Originally Posted by LEPiePie View Post
    I am pretty sure this is what the EFL are trying to do. Either push Macc so they replace Stevenage or advise that both clubs will go down. With 3 up.
    I liked the idea of the FL Div 5, (3?) North and South that someone posted. Think it amalgamated some teams from the Cinerama Div 1 North, South but I could well have drempt that part.

Macclesfield simply don’t belong in the EFL. They have nothing like a sustainable business or football model. It might actually help them to be relegated and hopefully let’s them start afresh and get there house in order. I have never known a team in recent years that so consistently doesn’t pay players on time and in some cases not fulfil fixtures.

Quote Originally Posted by LEPiePie View Post
    I agree I'm sure the EFL have had enough of Maccesfield missing players wages and now will reimpose the 2 points they held off last time and more to insure they get them out of the EFL.

The question is - at what point do you go regional?

I'd have thought level four.

Course in the olden days - even before my time! - it was div.3 north and div.3 south (they WERE level three; ie - there were only two national leagues).

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Ross View Post
    The question is - at what point do you go regional?

I'd have thought level four.

Course in the olden days - even before my time! - it was div.3 north and div.3 south (they WERE level three; ie - there were only two national leagues).
    I think the league pyramid system as it is now is fine. There is no need to mess with it because football clubs can’t budget properly.
    Let’s be honest when the National League fixtures came out I would imagine most looked at when we would be at places like Torquay rather than Barrow or Hartlepool. If it was regionalised we would end up in the Northern League with many a dump to visit.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    Macclesfield simply don’t belong in the EFL. They have nothing like a sustainable business or football model. It might actually help them to be relegated and hopefully let’s them start afresh and get there house in order. I have never known a team in recent years that so consistently doesn’t pay players on time and in some cases not fulfil fixtures.
    I don’t agree with all that mate.

They belong in the league because they have gained enough points to be there. Simple, those are the current rules.

Manchester City’s model isn’t financially sustainable, and to be fair probably most clubs without wealthy owners models aren’t.

This comes down to the FL having some balls.

If clubs like Bury and Macc consistently don’t pay players and don’t fulfil their fixtures then there needs to be punitive measures BEFORE they implode mid season like Bury. Point deductions should be mandatory for missing players wages. That surely would be fair in the same way that Admin was previously an advantage.

The size of crowds shouldn’t be and isn’t the defining factor of success. if it was we’d have our place firmly in the top half of league one.

I feel for any team struggling. But saying they don’t deserve to be there isn’t right.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Don_ORiordan View Post
    I don’t agree with all that mate.

They belong in the league because they have gained enough points to be there. Simple, those are the current rules.

Manchester City’s model isn’t financially sustainable, and to be fair probably most clubs without wealthy owners models aren’t.

This comes down to the FL having some balls.

If clubs like Bury and Macc consistently don’t pay players and don’t fulfil their fixtures then there needs to be punitive measures BEFORE they implode mid season like Bury. Point deductions should be mandatory for missing players wages. That surely would be fair in the same way that Admin was previously an advantage.

The size of crowds shouldn’t be and isn’t the defining factor of success. if it was we’d have our place firmly in the top half of league one.

I feel for any team struggling. But saying they don’t deserve to be there isn’t right.
    Why bring up one of the few clubs that have turned over profits in each of the last 4 years? You realise Man City are increasing there income year on year?
    Macclesfield don’t deserve to be an EFL in my opinion, and there model is definitely not sustainable, have they not struggled to pay wages consistently for 18 months or so? They can’t sustain an EFL status and rather than see them go bust I would rather see them in a league befitting there finances. Would it not be easier to have part time players etc..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast