+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Maccesfield charged again

Man City are only turning over profits as they are cooking the books hence why they are banned from CL for 2 years.

Basically they have a country funding them which goes totally against FFP rules.

If I was a gambling man I'd put money on Macclesfield still being a L2 club next season and Notts County still being a National League club next season. I do love peoples endless hope of ifs and buts though.

Quote Originally Posted by OP67 View Post
    If I was a gambling man I'd put money on Macclesfield still being a L2 club next season and Notts County still being a National League club next season. I do love peoples endless hope of ifs and buts though.
    I don't think Macclesfield will even be a club sadly

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    Why bring up one of the few clubs that have turned over profits in each of the last 4 years? You realise Man City are increasing there income year on year?
    Macclesfield don’t deserve to be an EFL in my opinion, and there model is definitely not sustainable, have they not struggled to pay wages consistently for 18 months or so? They can’t sustain an EFL status and rather than see them go bust I would rather see them in a league befitting there finances. Would it not be easier to have part time players etc..
    Man City are making a profit? Really.....next you’ll be telling me that you drive to Barnard Castle to test your eyesight. UEFA doesn’t believe their books so why do you?

Very few clubs model is sustainable. Should they all not be allowed to be a league club? We’ve struggled to pay wages before, should we?

Saying that Macclesfield never deserved to be in the EFL is like saying Notts County never deserved to reach Division 1, or that Leicester never deserved to win the Premier League. The possibility that a small club can massively overachieve is one of the attractions of football . The likelihood that they will eventually slip back down to their normal level is irrelevant.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12