+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Reds Hierarchy Say Enterprise In Real Danger Of Financial Failure

Quote Originally Posted by DOOALI View Post
    Didn't cryne state that he would only sell the club to someone who had the club at heart
    As Brucie said "didn't he do well " also if young cryne and Barnsley council got their heads together with them having a part ownership we just might get rid of these muppets
    To be fair to Patrick Cryne and I wasn't his greatest fan he was in a race against time to sell the club and only had the one serious offer on the table .

There was more than a hint of the present ownership circling like vultures above the badly wounded beast in my opinion .

Hull , Brentford and Boro wouldn't entertain them when they enquired about purchasing their clubs .

If they got £7.4m payout they'd just trouser it, not use it to get back up.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    To be fair to Patrick Cryne and I wasn't his greatest fan he was in a race against time to sell the club and only had the one serious offer on the table .

There was more than a hint of the present ownership circling like vultures above the badly wounded beast in my opinion .

Hull , Brentford and Boro wouldn't entertain them when they enquired about purchasing their clubs .

To be fair to Patrick Cryne and I wasn't his greatest fan he was in a race against time to sell the club and only had the one serious offer on the table .[/quote]

How do you know that Animal?
    What's your source of information?

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    What's your source of information?[/QUOTE]

Well I didn't hear of any others at the time exile which would probably be a better thing to have said .

What's your source of information?
    Well I didn't hear of any others at the time exile which would probably be a better thing to have said .[/QUOTE]

Do you seriously believe that no offers at all to buy the club came in during the previous 2 o3 years but miraculously an offer that was acceptable arrived just in the nick of time,because I don't but there seems to me to have been a lack of due dilligence in selling to the shower of sh1t we now have as owners & the proof is currently right before our eyes
    No siree I think the 20 million did it

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    Well I didn't hear of any others at the time exile which would probably be a better thing to have said .
    Do you seriously believe that no offers at all to buy the club came in during the previous 2 o3 years but miraculously an offer that was acceptable arrived just in the nick of time,because I don't but there seems to me to have been a lack of due dilligence in selling to the shower of sh1t we now have as owners & the proof is currently right before our eyes
    No siree I think the 20 million did it[/QUOTE]

I think at the time the present ownership showed an interest in purchasing the club the situation at OGC Nice hadn't played out at that point and all looked above board .

It was only later on after they'd been here over 12 months that we read about how they'd basically shafted the club before selling it on to Jim Ratcliffe .

I think due diligence is pretty basic anyway , if they have access to the funds and no previous misdemeanors in business then that seems to be good enough to meet the EFL criteria .

If you put yourself in Patrick Cryne's position as a dying man and desperate to sell the club then it's likely any doubts you have about them are likely to be put to one side and the benefit of the doubt given in my opinion .

I also think with the council having a 50% stake in the stadium and surrounding land he may have felt that at least that part of it was covered and there was some security in place .

Maybe he also thought by keeping a 20% stake within the family it also secured it to a certain extent .

The present ownership no doubt told Cryne what he wanted to hear , basically pyssed up his back I'd imagine .

As far as other interested party's over the years buying the club it does to be fair generally get leaked out , I'm not saying it didn't happen mind but it's not something we are ever going to know now .

I'd like to think that if their involvement with OGC Nice had been concluded and they at least had owned one club and it was on their CV he may have told them to feck off .... but again with his terminal illness , James Cryne none too bothered about taking it on and these owners the only show in town who knows Exile .

I understand where you are coming from and what occurred at Isoft when he sold that business so I do take your point .

At the end of the day the focus should be on this collection of shyte houses because they own the thing now and the dead are gone and that's that unfortunately .

Do these Owners actually have the money some think they have ?

Said this last October

Look no further than the Sport Business Summit of 2 or 3 years ago where Patrick Cryne & Billy Beane shared a platform along with many others. Beane had connections in the sport world with many like minded people & I think that's where the idea was spawned
    James Cryne had long been a follower of Beane's Moneyball strategy & the rest is history

Don't accept it was a last minute decision

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    Do these Owners actually have the money some think they have ?
    It is a theory doing the rounds on BBS from a few weeks ago when financial" experts" led by Red Rain on there couldn't find the sources of Dog's wealth from a few Google searches. The tax man will ev been trying fo years to locate their wealth so I'm a bit wary of what they say. There will be that much smoke and that many mirrors that only Dog will know what is in his counting house.
    A dunt think he'll be visiting a food bank anytime sooin.

All their capital is tied up

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast