+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Reds Hierarchy Say Enterprise In Real Danger Of Financial Failure

It tells thi exactly what this shower of sh1te are all abart. The only time we hear from Hoss it's abart money or suing sumdi.

Little or no mention of football progress or ambition.

The first time there is any hint of money not being made or evvin to support the club financially through a period of bad times their first thought is the club could fold rather than what can we do to help. They will sell up as quickly as they can if things go t1ts up and buy more clubs in other countries. They cuddant give a shiny sh1te abart Barnsley FC and its history, no love for the club, just another part of New City Capital.

Summat's not reyt darn theear.

The idea of a club with integrity like Accrington and FC Wimbledon starting again in the eighth tier would appeal to me rather than the carry on we ev nar. The passion would return. The more I think abart it the more I think Barnsley fans would love it. Like Barnsley St Peters as a name.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 02-06-2020 at 09:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Don't be disappointed for me steve , I remember when it was a football club mate not what it is now .

I can do starting back in the tenth tier mate at Shaw Lane no problem .

Barnsley Saint Peters anyone ??
    Without these owners and their money we have no club. They aren't willing to stump up their own money. The club folds. No ifs and buts. There used to be a joke that Oakwell would be a Tesco one day. Barnsley Council would have no alternative than to sell the ground to recoup their cash too.

Quote Originally Posted by Ponte_Steve24 View Post
    Without these owners and their money we have no club. They aren't willing to stump up their own money. The club folds. No ifs and buts. There used to be a joke that Oakwell would be a Tesco one day. Barnsley Council would have no alternative than to sell the ground to recoup their cash too.
    The present club could well fold as Wimbledon did but they came back as AFC Wimbledon and we'd do the same .

The point is Steve this isn't the town's football club anymore so what is there to miss ? .

Continuing in its present format isn't for me , the real joys of supporting your own town club have gone .

There's more joy for me personally to start again in the 10th tier and plot our way back and become a football club again in the process .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    The present club could well fold as Wimbledon did but they came back as AFC Wimbledon and we'd do the same .

The point is Steve this isn't the town's football club anymore so what is there to miss ? .

Continuing in its present format isn't for me , the real joys of supporting your own town club have gone .

There's more joy for me personally to start again in the 10th tier and plot our way back and become a football club again in the process .
    Starting out in a little stadium. Ground sharing with Frickley Athletic doesn't work for me. We aren't an Aldershot, Accrington or Wimbledon. We're an established club with a 23,000 stadium.

I think it would bother me a bit more than I'm letting on to be honest mate.

A new Barnsley fc owned by the supporters is a credible solution if the club does fold.

AFC Barnsley was formed during the days when we were in administration but it simply didn't take off because Barnsley FC were still in existence and obviously got thru administration. There's only enough room for 1 club in this town.

Animal was absolutely correct when saying 'This isn't the towns football club anymore' but the problem with starting over is that we will not have anywhere to play and accommodate our supporters.

The only viable solution in the short term is to find accommodation out of town, Bellevue Wakefield rugby ground is the closest I can think of but means that the new Barnsley fc wouldn't be actually laikin in Barnsley thus taking the emphasis off the club belonging to the town.

The situation in the higher echelons of the football pyramid has been simmering away and building up to the boil for the last 20 odd years is starting to leave a bitter taste, it really is. This is not how it should be ffs. It's miles away, totally unrecognisable to the game I fell in love with.

The warning signs were there when Wimbledon FC were screwed over almost 20 years ago. MK Dons are the epitome of everything that's wrong with football, a bit like the world cup being held in Qatar. It was an absolute disgrace what happened there. However, AFC Wimbledon's rise from starting at the bottom makes me smile. Same with Accrington and Barrow, living proof that it can be done and with all due respect to them, much smaller clubs than ourselves.

they should sell up IMHO

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    A new Barnsley fc owned by the supporters is a credible solution if the club does fold.

AFC Barnsley was formed during the days when we were in administration but it simply didn't take off because Barnsley FC were still in existence and obviously got thru administration. There's only enough room for 1 club in this town.

Animal was absolutely correct when saying 'This isn't the towns football club anymore' but the problem with starting over is that we will not have anywhere to play and accommodate our supporters.

The only viable solution in the short term is to find accommodation out of town, Bellevue Wakefield rugby ground is the closest I can think of but means that the new Barnsley fc wouldn't be actually laikin in Barnsley thus taking the emphasis off the club belonging to the town.

The situation in the higher echelons of the football pyramid has been simmering away and building up to the boil for the last 20 odd years is starting to leave a bitter taste, it really is. This is not how it should be ffs. It's miles away, totally unrecognisable to the game I fell in love with.

The warning signs were there when Wimbledon FC were screwed over almost 20 years ago. MK Dons are the epitome of everything that's wrong with football, a bit like the world cup being held in Qatar. It was an absolute disgrace what happened there. However, AFC Wimbledon's rise from starting at the bottom makes me smile. Same with Accrington and Barrow, living proof that it can be done and with all due respect to them, much smaller clubs than ourselves.
    Frustrates me more because with these owners we should only be one good transfer window away from the Premier League. Patrick Cryne managed to find the tightest billionaires on the planet to sell the club to.

Frustrates me more because with these owners we should only be one good transfer window away from the Premier League. Patrick Cryne managed to find the tightest billionaires on the planet to sell the club to.

Am not the slightest bit interested in either us playing in the Premier league or watching that shyte under these wa nk er s Steve. The PL has ruined football and brought in opportunities for mercenaries like these billionaire owners of our club to try and exploit the situation for a profit. These are people who aren't actually interested in the game of football, the people of the town or our proud history. They can keep their money, shove it up their fecking arse and feck right off as far as I'm concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    Am not the slightest bit interested in either us playing in the Premier league or watching that shyte under these wa nk er s Steve. The PL has ruined football and brought in opportunities for mercenaries like these billionaire owners of our club to try and exploit the situation for a profit. These are people who aren't actually interested in the game of football, the people of the town or our proud history. They can keep their money, shove it up their fecking arse and feck right off as far as I'm concerned.
    I think any football club should strive to be the best it can be. I think Barnsley F.C up until 2002 has done that. Since then two regimes consecutive regimes have run down the club and taken away it's identity.

I think the "just be glad we've got a club" mantra was used by the Cryne regime for far too long. So long in fact that the fans lost any ambition they had because they were just happy to go along with the sh1te served up. This finally came to a head in January 2017 when fans finally saw through it.

The main problem was people didn't want to oust the hand the fed them. The Cryne regime should have come under scrutiny sooner in my book. That is just as guilty as this regime.

People on about putting statues up. Give me a break. He should have got out sooner. I wouldn't wish ill health on anybody. His illness greatly affected his sale of the club though. He sold because he knew he was dying. I just wish he'd have let another "custodian" take over and sell to someone with more credibility.

I think any football club should strive to be the best it can be. I think Barnsley F.C up until 2002 has done that. Since then two regimes consecutive regimes have run down the club and taken away it's identity.

I think the "just be glad we've got a club" mantra was used by the Cryne regime for far too long. So long in fact that the fans lost any ambition they had because they were just happy to go along with the sh1te served up. This finally came to a head in January 2017 when fans finally saw through it.

The main problem was people didn't want to oust the hand the fed them. The Cryne regime should have come under scrutiny sooner in my book. That is just as guilty as this regime.

People on about putting statues up. Give me a break. He should have got out sooner. I wouldn't wish ill health on anybody. His illness greatly affected his sale of the club though. He sold because he knew he was dying. I just wish he'd have let another "custodian" take over and sell to someone with more credibility.
    Didn't cryne state that he would only sell the club to someone who had the club at heart
    As Brucie said "didn't he do well " also if young cryne and Barnsley council got their heads together with them having a part ownership we just might get rid of these muppets

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast